Star Wars: The Force Awakens

New Warhorn Media post by Nathan Alberson:

Only about halfway done with the pod but it’s “awakening” a lot of old thoughts. During and immediately after the movie I thought it was pretty great (except the lameness of making another Death Star). I got legitimate chills when they showed the Falcon for the first time and when Han explains the Force. It was such a relief to be 25 minutes in and realize that it wasn’t going to be as awful as the prequels.

But as the weeks and months went by I really started to dislike it. I’ve never seen another movie where there was such a steep decline in my initial versus long-term assessment. And I’ve never seen another movie where my opinions of each individual scene versus the overall movie were so discongruous.

And then Rian Johnson came along and made everything so much worse. I don’t know why I’m still shocked that there’s such hackery in multi-billion dollar enterprises. What a waste.

I will now go examine my past life choices that’s led me to having an emotional stake in Star Wars movies as a 40 something year old man… and I’ll do it while trying to complete my pre-finale binge.

Love,

Jay

3 Likes

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Be careful not to choke on your aspirations.

1 Like

I have a bad feeling about this.

1 Like

Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.

I fear nothing. For all is as the Force wills it.

Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating this asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1.

1 Like

You serve your master well. And you will be rewarded.

You’ll be malfunctioning in a day you near-sighted scrap pile. (jk)

Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.

Truly wonderful the mind of a child is.

Women always figure out the truth. Always.

Great, kid. Don’t get cocky

When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.

You were unwise to lower your defenses.

You don’t know how hard I found it, signing the order to terminate your life

If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Into the garbage chute, fly boy.

No. I am your father.