Saga 1.7 Endgame, Part 2

Possum, darn it! They’re both miscellaneous vermin . . .

2 Likes

I’m just messin with ya. Number 3 is Barbie, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thou elvish-mark’d, abortive, rooting hog!

I’m already breaking the community standards :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Yes, unless you are a Chasteen, as a community moderator I have to ask you to keep all Shakespeare quotes in Bookening threads.

4 Likes

Backhanded compliments are my spiritual gift. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Wow, that is hilarious. Where’s the Ricki quote?! Or the Chasteen quote?

1 Like

I couldn’t remember any! Maybe you could help me out and I’ll throw them on there

1 Like

We still haven’t partaken in my favorite Christmas tradition…

:laughing:

5 Likes

Happened to be listening to a little My Soul Among Lions this morning, and found myself thinking of good ol’ Stu when Psalm 10 came on… “His eyes stealthily watch for the helpless; he lurks in ambush like a lion in his thicket; he lurks that he may seize the poor; he seizes the poor when he draws him into his net.”

The best part about stories like this is knowing that, in the end, God will “…break the arm of the wicked and evildoer; call his wickedness to account till [He] find[s] none.”

8 Likes

If you’re ever in town, let us know! We’re always delighted to host a charades night.

3 Likes

In other words:

“Mind your speech a little lest you should mar your fortunes.”

3 Likes

Check yourself before you wreck yourself?

6 Likes

OK, if you are still reading this thread, maybe you wish SoS and other Warhorn podcasts came out more frequently? Maybe you would love it if the talked about podcast for children could be produced next year?

So I’m noticing that SoS is receiving less than $300/month currently. Maybe this is a time to consider whether you can start contributing or increase your monthly contribution?

Just a thought.

11 Likes

We would love it if the talked about podcast for children could be produced next year. :smile:

5 Likes
Hidden Text

Actually, as cathartic as it was to hear Erica let loose on Stu, it doesn’t “fix” anything. Seeing the lioness finally protecting her daughter was good for her - and for Aricha to the extent she’s able to believe her mother, and there’s a poetic justice in exposure for this particular instance of seduction, but it’s too close to the reality of the Catholic clergy scandal where everyone gets the “he’s really sorry for what he did” cover-up, slap-on-the-wrist, “let’s forget about this uncomfortable event as quickly as possible”. Justice involves Caesar. Leveraging truth for personal catharsis falls flat. Stu is still at large. He can run and hide and spoil more young women. That’s NOT cathartic or just.

Also, Chip’s gotta figure it all out at least enough to do something drastic. He knows Jules is Ricki and that she was involved with an older man, and he’ll know about Stu leaving if he hasn’t heard the small town gossip. How long before he “white knights” his niece - whether he ever knows it’d be for Maggie, too?

You guys are great. I’m loving the story. I know you have all the answers.

Yes, I cried - when Ricki came to the Chasteen’s.

My 2 cents.

5 Likes

Agreed. Which is why I don’t actually have much hope for Mrs. Rosebloom.

2 Likes