Covid-19 vaccines and aborted fetal cell lines

Here’s a report that the Moderna vaccine under development contains proteins developed from aborted fetal cell lines:

God sends a plague and we immediately turn to the supply of innocents we’ve killed to save ourselves. Doesn’t sound like repentance, does it?

According to the article there is a moral alternative being developed by a company called Sanofi Pasteur. We should teach our people to care, the world sure won’t!

Love,

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing, @danielmeyer. I know people are researching vaccines, but I’ve not bothered to read anything about them yet. I will begin to pray that Sanofi Pasteur is successful and their vaccine made widely available.

3 Likes

My friend and elder, this topic generates a lot of passion; sometimes more heat than light. It is heartening to hear about Sanofi Pasteur.

https://cmda.org/article/is-vaccination-complicit-with-abortion/

1 Like

Thanks for posting this article. I have been wondering about this issue.

1 Like

Not sure if this 100% on topic, but I wanted to respond to the linked article from Dr. Rudd. Over Christmas, I had the opportunity to consider vaccines and fetal cell lines. The Children of God for Life website was a great help as their articles referenced sources instead of merely making assertions.

Dr. Rudd’s argument for Christians hinges on his assertion that there is an absence of intrinsic evil such that we can apply redemption to the evil of the baby’s murder. If we accept that, then the whole thing is really a cost-benefit analysis.

Unfortunately, a large part of Dr. Rudd’s arguments (and many others) requires several false premises that I will formulate as follows:

1. Fetal cell lines from murdered babies represent an evil entirely in the past.
  2. A fetal cell line is not really directly tied to the baby.
  3. It is permissible to benefit from evil in the past, especially if the benefit is great or it was a long time ago.

In the 1960s, Dr. Leonard Hayflick (one of the men behind the original WI-38 fetal cell line) proved that healthy cell lines are mortal, and their useful “lifespan” is tied to the age of the donor as he says in this article:

“Human diploid cells undergo a number of population doublings inversely proportional to donor age. This suggested to us that the finite replicative capacity of cultured normal cells is an expression of aging at the cell level.”

In 2015, a new WALVAX-2 cell line was developed because WI-38 and MRC-5 are approaching the end of their useful life. The quality of the cell line is directly tied to the health of the baby as seen in their paper:

“Before the study, we made strict and comprehensive inclusion criteria in order to guarantee a high quality cell strain: 1) gestational age 2 to 4 months; 2) induction of labor with the water bag method; 3) the parents career should not involve contact with chemicals and radiation; 4) both parents are in good health without neoplastic and genetic diseases, and with no history of human tissue or organ transplantation in the families traced for 3 generations; and 5) no infectious diseases. The tissues from the freshly aborted fetuses were immediately sent to the laboratory for the preparation of the cells.”

If the fetal cell line is not directly tied to the baby, why does the age and health of the baby (and his father and mother) matter so much? The obvious answer is because the fetal cell lines really are directly tied to the baby. The lifetime and health of the cell line is tied to the lifetime and health of the baby. The cells you take out of the baby are not the whole baby, but they are a part of him. The cell line thus produced is a part of that baby kept “alive” artificially. We must conclude with Doug Wilson that these are “the cultured remains of a murder victim.”

In Numbers 35:30–34, God tells Israel how to handle murders. He says that taking a ransom for the life of a murderer pollutes the land, and we may not pollute the land because He dwells in it:

“for blood pollutes the land and no expiation can be made for the land for the blood that is shed on it, except by the blood of him who shed it. You shall not defile the land in which you live, in the midst of which I dwell; for I the LORD am dwelling in the midst of the sons of Israel.” (Num. 35:33-34)

The creation of fetal cell lines as currently done is rooted in murder. By the father and mother. By the abortionist. By the vaccine researchers. As seen above, the vaccine researchers dictated the age of the victim, the method of the murder, and how quickly the baby’s remains must be sent to them for further processing. For the one WALVAX-2 cell strain, there were 9 victims that met the criteria. These vaccine researchers are serial murderers: the abortionists are their hitmen and the vaccines their ransom.

Vaccines in general are not intrinsically evil. Murder is intrinsically evil, and vaccines produced from murdered babies are intrinsically evil. God requires justice so that we do not blaspheme His name and pollute His dwelling. He does not allow His people to take a ransom. Yet we have gladly taken that ransom. I have taken that ransom.

When I first found out about fetal cell lines in the MMR vaccines, I wept that I had given such a vaccine to my children. In the ensuing years, I have seen many people argue that I did nothing wrong. But Dr. Hayflick and the WALVAX-2 men have convinced me that I haven’t wept enough.

2 Likes

Thanks Daniel.

1 Like