Woman in Roe v Wade case didn’t really become pro-life

In truly bizarre news, McCorvey, who was “Roe” and who most of you probably knew had changed her position later in life to be pro-life, claimed before she died in 2017 that it was all an act for money.

The documentary shows evidence that McCorvey had been paid at least $456,911 in gifts by anti-abortion groups.

McCorvey thought abortion should be legal, she told the filmmakers in 2017: “If a young woman wants to have an abortion, that’s no skin off my ass. That’s why they call it choice.”

McCorvey made public anti-abortion statements as recently as 2012, when she starred in a political advertisement discouraging voters from voting for then-presidential candidate Barack Obama, saying “he kills babies.”

I know I shouldn’t be surprised by this sort of thing, but man. What in the world? Who funded it? Who in the pro-life camp thought this was a good idea? Or did she just pull one over on them, too and prolifers threw money at her for her appearances after that?

“I was the big fish. I think it was a mutual thing. I took their money and they’d put me out in front of the cameras and tell me what to say. That’s what I’d say,” McCorvey says in the documentary, according to The Los Angeles Times . “It was all an act. I did it well too. I am a good actress.”

1 Like

It’s really weird. I remember that in her stories she said that “Roe vs. Wade” was based on a lie, and now she says that was a lie too. I think she was just that - a lier.

3 Likes

Does the timing of this news seem strange to anyone? At a point in our history when I think the pro-life movement is actually making good progress, with heartbeat bills being passed and a supportive President in office, this news seems quite the boon for the pro-aborts.

1 Like

It always seemed shameful for pro-lifers to use this poor woman. That they gave her a lot of money is what I’d expect from rabble-rousing pro-lifers. New ones come around every five years or so, then they divorce their wives. Beware of men who come bearing bombast.

6 Likes

They do seem to have McCorvey on tape saying disturbing things about being a fake pro-lifer, and at the same time, there’s reason not to run with this documentary’s take. Jonathon Van Maren gives the other side here:

2 Likes