Wheaton College & President Buswell: Buswell inherits racist legacy

New Warhorn Media post by Tim Bayly:

3 Likes

Pastor Tim,

You’ve been a little down that people haven’t bee reading these. I read this one and found it riveting. Some years ago I worked on a school project that involved some research into local history and primary sources, so I understand this took a lot of work.

It was interesting that the newspapers all misunderstood the Supreme Court case. If you’re getting your info from McPherson, he’s a trustworthy source. Top shelf, when it comes to Civil War scholarship.

This task force really did Buswell wrong. I have no personal connection to Wheaton or Buswell, so for me reading these articles is looking in to somebody else’s world.

3 Likes

Thanks, brother. Just a clarification: the posts on Wheaton have been getting many, many readers, and thanks. What has discouraged me is the lack of interest within my own circle of friends and brothers who think, as you’ve said, that Wheaton has nothing to do with them. They say this because they are young and don’t know how quickly NGA turns into Covenant, NSA into Wheaton, Evangel Presbytery into Philadelphia Presbytery, Trinity/Christ the Word into Tenth… But a wonderful email this morning and I’m off and running tomorrow, thinking I’ll likely not be done on that series until number 15 or so. Love you,

2 Likes

Perhaps you are getting to this, but do you have any suspicions as to why Buswell of all people was singled out for this treatment? Is he just a convenient scapegoat, or is there more?

2 Likes

There’s more, but later. Love

1 Like

Mr. Bayly,
This was a fascinating read. Thank you.

2 Likes