What's With All the Engineers?

Engineers too commonly have this bad behavior encouraged by others, by being thought too well of, flattered even. Smart easily hides laziness. Except for certain older women in my life, no man challenged it in me until leaving unreformed and PCA/BPC/…-reformed churches behind. I didn’t make improvement in this area until I found men willing to discipline it out of me, leading to good churches and eventually this forum.

I should add that I have been much helped by other good churches and good-enough churches, places I wouldn’t return to but places I’m still very thankful for.

2 Likes

Amen and double amen. My best jobs (I’m usually a programmer) have been in offices with on-site manufacturing and in the military with NCOs. But these practical men have their hands full with real people. I don’t see them coming to Sanityville, though they’d be an asset. Here’re two tags that’ll never work @mikeboles @mygrandpa :smiley:

2 Likes

Daniel, very good. And if he is of the right temperament like myself, he uses his anger to keep others from reminding him of the work.

1 Like