What books did you get for Christmas? (And what are you actually going to read?)

I got this one, and I’m planning on actually reading it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got that one, too, but I also got this one:

Really excited about it. I’ve been on a Puritan kick, and I’m looking forward to discovering how the puritans contributed to the world wide missions movement. :blush: And, most especially, I’m looking forward to some encouragement about the work of God in missions. (including the possibility of reformation in this country!)

4 Likes

This one. But I don’t know whether I’m supposed to like it or not. :smile:

3 Likes

I’m not sure how to beautifully link like the others. But here’s what I got.

Doug Wilson’s

1. Ploductivity
  2. Federal Husband
  3. Father Hunger
  4. Future Men
  5. Standing on the Promises

Various others:

1. The Household and the War for the Cosmos by C. R. Wiley
  2. The Central Significance of Culture by F. N. Lee
  3. MacArthur’s Commentaries on Galatians & Ephesians
  4. The Great Christian Revolution by Rushdoony et al
  5. Bible Matrix by Michael Bull
  6. Voices from the Past Vol. II
  7. A Theological Interpretation of American History by C. Gregg Singer

I believe that’s it. Many of these were purchased used at www.abebooks.com — I recommend this to any who want to save money as book costs can add up. Thus far I have read Wiley’s Household, Wilson’s Ploductivity and Federal Husband, and I’m about to finish Bull’s Bible Matrix. I plan to read through all of these save for the commentaries, which I’ll likely just use as a reference.

2 Likes

I only received one book this year.

My mother-in-law died in October. Shortly after I had heard pastor Tim mention his dad’s book. So, I stuck it on my Amazon wish list to remember and eventually buy, but my dad sniffed it out and surprised me.

7 Likes

The Earthworm Jim comic by Doug Tennapel which was funded on indiegogo. I’m not much for comics but this is changing my mind, it’s been fantastic. Looking forward to his Bigfoot Bill comic in February.

I also received the Wonderful Works of God. I am currently reading:

The Godly Man’s Picture, Watson
Death by Living, ND Wilson
Canon Revisited, Kruger
Westminster Standards Compilation, Banner of Truth
Supper of the Lamb, Capon (reading with wife)

1 Like

I got this one, and I’m sure it’ll be both beneficial and enjoyable to read, but honestly I’m not sure how soon I’ll get to reading it.

6 Likes

An honest man. Lol.

4 Likes

The Family Worship Book: A Resource Book for Family Devotions https://www.amazon.com/dp/1857924010/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_aZ2gEbMRPYRRH

The Potter’s Freedom: A Defense of the Reformation and the Rebuttal of Norman Geisler’s Chosen But Free https://www.amazon.com/dp/1879737434/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_n02gEb2TDJDWB

The Discipline of Grace Amazon.com

Already started the Family worship book.

Will take a while for the others. I’ve got a big list of other books to get through.

4 Likes

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, and yes I am going to read it (again).

Edit: How do you get the amazon content to show up?

The missing Amazon content is a bug that I’ve reported. I expect it will be fixed soon.