U.S. rejects "reproductive health" terms in WHO coronavirus response

Very thankful for the Trump administration today. Been pleasantly surprised several times in this area, now.

6 Likes

As with the brouhaha during the ‘16 campaign about punishing women who abort their children, it’s like nobody at Conservative Inc. has told Trump the quiet part of pro-life politics: You talk a pro-life game during the campaign, but under no circumstances do you do anything that might threaten abortion-on-demand.

What a shame on our nation that this unchurched serial adulterer shows our erstwhile Christian politicians how it’s done.

I hope Mike Pence is taking notes.

5 Likes

I’m actually inclined to believe that Pence is responsible for convincing Trump of the facts. It’s just that Trump knows how to be a man with them. And yes, that’s something that I hope Pence is learning well.

5 Likes

Interesting. I don’t know much about what goes on in the White House, but that’s a plausible theory. I guess Pence just needs to make sure this stuff crosses his desk last and not either Kushner’s desk!

Pence’s spine collapse during Indiana’s RFRA debacle was not confidence-inspiring, to say the least.

2 Likes

One of the saddest things I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

Man, and now this: Trump deems houses of worship 'essential' amid pandemic | CNN Politics

“Some governors have deemed liquor stores and abortion clinics essential, but have left our churches and houses of worship. It’s not right. So I’m correcting this injustice and calling houses of worship essential,” Trump said during his announcement at the White House.

2 Likes

Scary. I mean, churches are essential, but we’re getting used to the idea that the government gets to decide the question in the first place. Yuck.

6 Likes