The once and future King Arthur podcast

New Warhorn Media post by Nathan Alberson:

1 Like

I’m circling back around to these King Arthur podcasts as I’ve been dipping my toe in the Arthur-verse.

Thanks @nathanalberson for saving me from wasting time on TH White.

Do y’all have a recommendation for a kid introduction to Arthur. I’m listening to Howard Pyle right now, but he’s a little archaic (and maybe a little weird at times too).

I’m interested in the one by that Inklings guy, Roger Lancelyn Green. Maybe that’s a good kid’s intro?

You mentioned in this episode that you’re interested to know if Lawhead’s Pendragon Cycle is worth giving the time of day. I’m currently listening to the first book on Audible. So far, my impression is that it is just okay. I think I like what he is trying to do, but I just don’t find his writing or rendering of the characters very compelling… final verdict remains to be be decided. I’ll probably give the second book a chance.

I had a wonderful King Arthur book for kids when I was growing up. I don’t think it was a Pyle. It may have been an adaptation. I’ll try to figure out what it was.

1 Like

Was the King Arthur book you read as a kid by Maude Radford? Just found that one and it looks pretty good.

1 Like

That could be for sure

1 Like