T.D. Jakes' understanding of Grace

When confronted with his name being mentioned as a participant in orgies and sex trafficking with Sean “P Diddy” combs, Jakes said:

“The worst that could happen, if everything was true, all I got to do is repent sincerely, from my heart. There’s enough power in the blood to cover all kinds of sin. I don’t care what it is, the blood would fix it,” Jakes said. “But I ain’t got to repent about this.”

source: Dallas megachurch pastor T.D. Jakes named in lawsuit against Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs | Arts & Entertainment | gazettextra.com

The sad truth is, I think Jakes is right - that’s the worst that would happen to him if the accusations were proven true.

Precisely the same with cheap grace of Tenth Pres., Philadelphia Presbytery, the Presbyterian Church in America, and Liam Goligher.

2 Likes

Bad doctrine and bad morals go together like the proverbial horse & carriage.

I don’t know if Jakes is guilty of the morals offences he is accused of, and he is entitled to a presumption of innocence in that respect; but the issues of doctrine are incontrovertible. And the (wider, and white) Pentecostal tradition needs challenging for having humoured Jakes for so long.

1 Like