Stop struggling to read your Bible

New Warhorn Media post by Nathan Alberson:

Since you asked for thoughts and how to work with your kids and Bible reading, I thought I would share what I have been doing. My family has a Slack team that we use for a lot of different things in the house, because we are nerds. What I’ve started doing is having a dedicated Slack channel for their Bible reading. Each of my kids are on an age appropriate Bible reading plan, and I have them send me at least one question or observation on Slack about what they have read.

Having it being on Slack allows me to get to it when I have the time. Honestly, I tend to clear out questions once every couple days or so, due to current life pressures. At the same time, because they are all written down, I do eventually get to them all.

Sometimes, these questions are very simple, which has allowed me to teach the value of using a dictionary or other reference material. Other times, they are simply a little insight that I can provide what they have seen. But every so often, something profound emerges, turning into a full-blown conversation in person.

I have really enjoyed the opportunity to wander through the Bible with my children in this way.

9 Likes

Nice, I always like to hear stories of people using modern tech for good.

1 Like