Roe overturned?

America was explicitly established as a federation, a union if you will, with room for radically different laws in different states. This certainly leads to tensions, at times severe, but the Union existed for 70+ years without requiring a Civil War, and it could have lasted for many more if different decisions had been made along the way.

I see the storm clouds also, but my point, such that I have one, is that war is a choice, and judicious statecraft can avoid it. Given the history of Anglo paroxysms of fratricidal violence, Iā€™d suggest that war should be avoided if at all possible.

8 Likes

Thereā€™s another consideration from any reversal of Roe v Wade, picking up on Ken Patrickā€™s comments above.

In Europe, Poland has the strictest pro-life laws of any EU state, to the extent that in a country of 44m, there are no more than a thousand abortions a year. Yet, this does not stop 120,000 women a year from driving across a national border to somewhere which does allow them. I imagine that the same would apply in an American context if abortion law was returned to the states.

On a related note, does anyone have data on variations in reported abortion rates between individual states?

1 Like

Dear Ross,
What are you arguing for? To my dull mind the above looks like ā€œFutility! Donā€™t bother to fight!ā€ But surely thatā€™s not the faithful response?

Love,

Closing clinics does save some lives. Not everyone is willing to travel to a further clinic, or can be forcibly transported that far without risking suspicion. This is based on existing closures and partial restrictions in the US. I canā€™t find the study, but all the customers of the old clinic donā€™t show up at the next nearest clinics.

1 Like

I am certainly not saying that!

I am saying, ā€œbe aware that it is still possible for pro-life laws to be subverted in this wayā€.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure thatā€™s not what heā€™s arguing, Daniel; in fact, I think heā€™s inquisitive

Ross,

Just to satisfy my curiosity, what are the abortion laws in the UK like? Iā€™ve heard claims from Americans in the last few days that Mississippiā€™s 15 week cutoff is more liberal than most of the EU and the UK. Is that accurate?

I think one of the most fruitful aspects of putting the issue back in the states will be the outing of all the quasi-conservative elected reps who have relied on the ā€œitā€™s the law of the landā€ line to hide their true views. Weā€™ll find out just who believes life begins at conception and who, all along, had been relieved that Roe made it possible for children to be murdered in the womb during, say, the first trimester or before a heartbeat can be detected (even while they boasted of being pro-life in order to be elected).

South Carolina has strong majorities in the senate and house, and holds the governorship. It will be an uphill battle to get those Republicans to pass a trigger law that would ban abortion should Roe indeed be overruled. Thereā€™s only one week left in the legislative session and so it seems that the governor will have to call a special session.

Similar scenarios are going to be playing out in many states. And if conservative states do not ban abortion they will not have a covering in the federal government. The blood will be on their own hands.

The division that will occur between the states and within the states will be useful in bringing to light just who is approved by God (at least with respect to the murder of babies).

15 Likes

Jim Stone had a pretty good take on the situation in that the court is getting rid of Roe to cover for the decline in birth rate due to vaccine related sterilization. I know it may sound nuts, but isnā€™t thinking the federal government is capable of repentance nutsier?

Not given the change in court composition. Weā€™re not talking about the federal government. Weā€™re talking about nine particular people and a known (and hard-won) change in composition.

1 Like

Donā€™t take me to rudeā€¦ Judicial is one of three branches of the federal government.

All I meant was we arenā€™t talking about a change of heart of a Million+ people. Weā€™re talking about a change in a decision after a few people out of nine have been replaced, and already knowing that those few new people have different beliefs. So what are the chances of the SCOTUS ā€œrepentingā€? Itā€™s done it a number of times in both directions.

There are whole swaths of our various governments where the politicians involved have been very happy to treat abortion with a series of campaign platitudes, followed by a shrug and a finger pointed at Roe. Now a section of those peopleā€™s constituencies are going to be looking to them to actually deliver some legislation. Even among the politicians who hold some sort of pro-life conviction, this will be challenging.

I expect that a big chunk of the RNC and affiliated hangers-on in DC are probably trying to figure out how to pressure the 5 justices to get one to flip. A total overturn of Roe puts a lot of them into a put up or shut up situation and theyā€™d really just rather get back to passing tax breaks for people who hate us and want to offshore our jobs. Not to mention not pay out maternity benefits.

4 Likes

Statistics about abortion by state can be found here:

Abortion Surveillance ā€” United States, 2019 | MMWR (cdc.gov)

Table 6 has this information, which Iā€™m including because ethnicity is starting to become an issue in the debate. This puts down in hard numbers what most of us knew:

Abortions per thousand women

Overall 11.4
White 6.6
Black 23.8
Other 13.0
Hispanic 11.7

Abortions per thousand live births:

Overall 195
White 117
Black 386
Other 236
Hispanic 170

2 Likes

On top the massive wickedness of murdering children - this is the most insidious part. It is parroted as a way to give help to the poor and black/brown. In actuality, it is a way to rid society of them.

3 Likes

@joehelt
There was something on CNN this morning which noted that three-quarters of the women wanting abortions were ā€œpoor or low-incomeā€; that is, within the fourth and fifth quintiles of the income distribution. So, because Black and other minority-group Americans are much more likely to be ā€œpoor or low-incomeā€ than whites, this is then reflected in the abortion statistics when controlled for ethnicity.

1 Like

Offhand I very much doubt that. In the UK itā€™s pretty well open slather up to 24 weeksā€™ gestation.

1 Like

I guess the summer will heat up one way or the otherā€¦

Iā€™m certainly grateful for the unfolding of potential victories in the overall war against the slaughter of the innocent. Some thoughts related to whatā€™s been mentioned and maybe some elements not yet brought in to this threadā€™s discussion would include giving consideration to the extent to which this largely uncommon ā€œleakā€ is the opening aspect of a much larger series of already planned maneuvers. Maybe not surprisingly, I feel confident that it is but not merely from personal speculation. While definitely not knowing all the paths through which a development like this will take us, it seems certain to involve things over coming months and onward that I fear will not be interpreted with the sort of analysis that appropriately takes into account the connected and extremely pre-intended nature of many of the ongoing processes in our current societal situation. The lack, still, of evaluating each new event or news item presented to us with a sufficient view towards these realities has been something truly surprising to me. There really are more substantial undercurrents of connection between many things that have shaped the last several years in particular than seem to be readily acknowledged in their discussion.

When evaluations take the form of,

• -ā€œWere BLM/Antifa protesters or COVID lockdown protesters the more justified?ā€
  • -ā€œLook at how hypocritical the Biden administration is being regarding January 6th.ā€
  • -ā€œLook at how incompetently the Afghanistan withdrawal was handled.ā€
  • -ā€œAre unprecedented free speech restricting actions by feds/big tech or unprecedented COVID restrictions by the same a greater challenge to liberty?ā€
  • -ā€œWhich poses a greater potential danger for serious abuse: CBDCs or AI-based super-surveillance?ā€
  • -ā€œPutin or Zelensky?ā€

then very important truths are partly obscured. ALL of these things substantially inter-relate and include far more intentional planning to bring about specific ends then is still widely enough recognized.

So, to the matter of the hopeful casting aside of the Roe ruling precedent. If I were guessing, Iā€™d guess a definite ruling to overturn in line with what the draft information indicates. Beforehand, though, a preparation in Congress and more broadly to sow as much division and discord as possible and create what can be portrayed as a ā€œcrisisā€ scenario. Thus, creating circumstances to attempt the furtherance of agenda points that wouldnā€™t be attemptable otherwise. The process began immediately:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/senate-bill/4132/text

If I understand correctly, although Iā€™m no lawyer. They seem to be going for an initial approach less radical than the recent Colorado/California trends. From Senate Bill 4132:

Under SEC. 7. ENFORCEMENT, they explicitly say the tenth amendment doesnā€™t provide immunity to state governments or gov. officials from actions in Fed./State courts for the enforcement of this bill/law although Iā€™m not entirely certain what in the Constitution they think provides the basis for this bill on the federal level if the reasoning of Roe no longer stands.

This will, of course, fail from insufficient votes.

Leading to escalating and strong tries at removing the Senate filibuster and adding Justices to the Court, particularly as the June/July announcement date approaches and onward past a (hopefully) favorable ruling.

If thereā€™s another ā€œsummer of loveā€ we can rest assured it will be based entirely on lies and significant layers of coordination. We can start in recognizing this preemptively so as not to fall victim to ceaseless distraction and misdirection. Never underestimate the depth of the ā€œproblem-reaction-solutionā€ dynamic as events play out. Never underestimate the importance of the ā€œdivide and conquerā€ strategies being employed against the entire society. Particularly as human cooperation is naturally increasing in scope and effectiveness due to the sheer insane wickedness and undesirability of the agendas that are being implemented.

Eugenics/de-population never really went away. Itā€™s always been a part of the agenda. Iā€™d expect weā€™ll see a surge in the promotion and dialectically based ā€œdebateā€ of some of these ideas much more openly as another aspect of how the courtā€™s ruling and aftermath will develop and be managed. Remember, justifications for all the changes that UN 2030 Agenda, sustainable development, and everything beyond will bring have to be artificially forced onto the society in order to provide some form of cover for the types of technocratically managed totalitarian horrors that nobody really wants anyway.

Amen to this. :grinning: Iā€™ll go further. Not only is war not necessary but ā€œcivilā€ war (and its lesser variants) and a balkanization of the States (or minor variations of it) are already potential outcomes more baked into the cake of planning by forces that would seek to finalize worldwide totalitarianism than the options of avoiding such impulses. Itā€™s usually how the game gets played. If itā€™s not yet explicitly understood, weā€™re in the middle of a very active ā€œcivilizedā€ civil war. Which itself exists in the midst of a very active worldwide war. The long-running financial coup dā€™etat has completed. The political coup would have locked in for the last stage in 2016 if not for the Lordā€™s providence. Thus the intensity and bizarreness of events through 2020. Not incompetence. Not corruption. War. Itā€™s already been here. The closing chapter would be structural collapse, letā€™s not be used to give it to them by our own hands. This is why accurate assessment really matters. The evils around us, like abortion, are substantial but speaking personally I think that the seeds for far-reaching revival and restoration are more than Iā€™ve ever observed. Maybe Iā€™m just weird like that.

1 Like