Recommendations: Peter Jones, Cal Beisner, and Doug Wilson

New Warhorn Media post by Tim Bayly:

5 Likes

I’ve been reading Blog and Mablog for a while but the other two recommendations are good to know about. Thank you

1 Like

Tim is recommending reading Doug Wilson, not necessarily working closely with Doug Wilson. I understand that.

While I have certainly been helped by Doug and consider him a kindred spirit in many ways, I don’t read him much anymore. I’ve gone from reading Doug occasionally to now almost never reading him. Your mileage may vary.

I don’t want to become obsessively NeverWilson in the way many Reformed company men and angry homeschooling moms are. That would be virtue signaling.

As I’ve had more time to reflect and to repent, I am drifting more toward Andrew Dionne’s position. In many ways, the path of Doug Wilson and the path of Evangel Presbytery are irreconcilable. We will have to choose one or the other. It’s sad, but it must be done. I firmly stand with Evangel over Doug.

2 Likes

Thank you for the links. I have been a reader of Peter Jones since the 1990’s but somehow missed what he had to say about the Equality Act. Now that I have read his insights, I tremble anew for the state of the USA.

1 Like

Not necessarily, lots of unity to go around. I see that from this post and think we’ll see more of it in the future.

1 Like

Fifth paragraph:

The pulpit leads the word

I think you meant “world”. I smell a Moby Dick reference.

Rightyouis.