Prince Harry reverts to patriarchal language

With Prince Harry stepping back and many suspecting Meghan has more than a little to do with it, it became oddly acceptable for Harry to revert to patriarchal language. Can’t imagine any other secular context today where it would be permissible to speak like this. Look what he says:

The decision that I have made for my wife and I to step back is not one I made lightly

But I hope that helps you understand what it had come to, that I would step my family back from all I have ever known

All the more surprising given that his wife is an outspoken feminist, and the BBC didn’t say a word against. I’m guessing Meghan is quite keen for him to be deflecting the blame in this way. Just like (I think it was Joe Bayly) who said nobody ever seemed to complain about male-orientated language of scripture when it came to Satan always being a ‘he’.

1 Like

He added, “and the Church a ‘she.’” BTW, I noticed the media telling everyone this was Prince Harry’s decision since he said it was. Harry’s leadership and what-not. For myself, methinks the lady…

1 Like

I’d expect any other type of language would not sufficiently divorce himself from those duties. Though she could certainly be leading him, she can’t do the deed for him. She could no more King a commoner than unking a Royal.

1 Like

“During the run-up to the royal wedding, Harry is alleged to have yelled at staff, ‘What Meghan wants, Meghan gets!’”

Feminists (male or female) never object when a man takes responsibility for a disaster.

1 Like