Pastoral counsel upon the death of an infant child

New Warhorn Media post by Tim Bayly:

6 Likes

Amen. Very powerful. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

This is good, and reminds me of the first Q&A of the Heidelberg Catechism, “what is our only comfort in life and in death?” One of the many blessings of my upbringing was having to memorize the answer, “That I am not my own, but belong with body and soul, both in life and in death, to my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ. He has fully paid for all my sins with His precious blood, and has set me free from all the power of the devil. He also preserves me in such a way that without the will of my heavenly Father not a hair can fall from my head; indeed, all things must work together for my salvation. Therefore, by His Holy Spirit He also assures me of eternal life and makes me heartily willing and ready from now on to live for Him.”
On another note, I didn’t know you were friends with the pastor of 1st CRC Lynden. I was born and raised there, and I know some of the members of that congregation. I’m always surprised at the connections people that love in small towns on opposite sides of the country can have.

1 Like

Been there visiting any number of times, preached twice, stayed in the windmill…

2 Likes

Well, if you make it out this way again, hopefully I’ll get to say hello and shake your hand.

2 Likes