Ollie's Hat

New Warhorn Media post by Nathan Alberson:

1 Like

this isn’t generating the Mt Everest of scintillating and enlightening conversation that I expected. :disappointed:

3 Likes

:grinning:

OK. I’ll start. I thought it was really good actually. In fact I listened to it multiple times. Two and a half times, I think.

Take aways:

1. Interacting with artificial life forms is always tricky.
  2. Radiohead’s comment about Ollies mom wanting to send him back was an especially low blow, if memory serves.
  3. Radiohead, with Devils Advocacy dial turned down to creampuff is probably winsome enough to be the next president of Covenant. (Too low? Sorry, gonna turn down my Devils Advocacy dial.)

Seriously though…

I think it makes a really salient point. Social media right now is somewhat… contentious. Twitter has recently been a struggle for me. I feel like I could go “all-in” or “all-out.” Its like no one can see another person’s viewpoint and begin to at least understand how they could hold that view (for example Drew Brees NFL flag kneeling comments) and not simply be a hateful bigot.

Radiohead is a good reminder to be a Christian on the internet and a troll-bot.

4 Likes

Social media is truly the worst when it comes to such things. And I do feel the same urge inside myself.