Kindle support thread for Man and Woman in Christ

Got my hard copy but tried downloading the MOBI to my kindle and it said I couldn’t because it’s protected with DRM.

1 Like

:frowning:

It’s definitely not protected with DRM. You should be able to open it in the Kindle app on your computer to make sure the file is fine. How were you trying to transfer it to your Kindle, and what kind of Kindle do you have?

1 Like

Hmm, that is good to know. Let me see if I can do something about that…

1 Like

The link for the kindle file in the email does not download for kindle. The website (mwc.warhornmedia.com) does however let you download it and I was able to open it on my pc from the website.

I’m using a Kindle Fire downloaded with the silk browser which then opened the kindle app and gave the warning.

Did you try to download it directly on a Kindle device?

Yes, it’s a Kindle Fire HD. I don’t even have a PC anymore.

Do you have some way of downloading it to a computer and trying to load it on to your Kindle from there? I’m wondering if there’s an issue with the direct download.

I’ll figure something out, just thought you guys should know about it.

Thanks for letting us know. We’re happy to do whatever we can to help. If you don’t find a solution, please do let us know. And if you do find a solution, we’d appreciate knowing so we can assist anyone else who runs into the same issue. I’m guessing you won’t be the only one.

Here are a couple help forums about folks dealing with similar issues:

1 Like

Ok, so what I did was download it with my iPhone in MOBI format, added it to my Kindle Library through the kindle app on my iPhone. Then after verifying it would open in the iPhone I went back to my kindle ran a sync and was able to pull the book onto the device from my library.

3 Likes

Thanks so much, Ken. And is it displaying okay? Any major formatting issues or anything?

2 Likes

No problem. It opens and seems to be working fine. I don’t see any formatting issues at this point but I’ll let you know if I do.

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes