Is our beloved Alistair Robertson the same man as Alastair Roberts?

I do apologize, by the way. Thanks for being a good sport!

2 Likes

Heyā€¦there are worse people to be confused with!

Thereā€™s also an Al**i**stair Roberts in a Facebook group I follow, and it throws me every time.

1 Like

Alistair Robertson, I wonder if we might persuade you and Alistair Roberts to go into a dark alley somewhere and come to some sort of mutual agreement on who gets to use his proper name around here. It would be such a kindness to the rest of us poor souls who, obviously, cannot keep up with who is speaking about what! :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Well, I have a number of points in favour of my keeping ā€˜Alistairā€™:

1. I am older and came by my name first.
  2. ā€˜Alistairā€™ is actually my name. His name is ā€˜Alastairā€™. Note the equitable use of aā€™s and iā€™s in my name and the flashy, OTT use of three aā€™s in his name. In fact, were I not a man of grace and kindness, I might say his name is rather one iā€™ed.
  3. I am, actually, the only one of us both who is in this group.

For all these reasons, I am Alistair, no matter what heights of internet fame Alastair may attain.

7 Likes

Hahaha!

As long as you donā€™t have a similar avatar as he does on other platforms, Iā€™ll probably (hopefully) rememberā€¦

1 Like

I wondered if he was Alastair Roberts too! Whoops!

2 Likes

Could someone please invite Alistair Roberts to Sanityville?

2 Likes

Ouch.

Remember that extra ā€˜aā€™. There is no Alistair Roberts, only Alistair Robertson and Alastair Roberts in this conversation.

It would be great to have him.

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to register accounts under the names Alistair Roberts and Alastair Robertson, so everyone can be as confused as I am.

5 Likes

The answer is ā€œNo. Heā€™s not.ā€

2 Likes

LOLOL

Me eating humble pie, immortalized in a Sanityville post for all to see. :rofl:

Ah, me.

2 Likes