Immigration and refugees with guest Rev. Dr. Jürgen von Hagen

New Warhorn Media post by Andrew Dionne:

1 Like

I appreciated the discussion and thought that there were many important points that I had not thought of. I think my biggest struggle with it is seeing how incredibly incompatible the cultures of the West and the Middle East are. Both are totalizing forces or ideologies (liberalism in the West and Sharia in the Middle East). Without the will to defend the principles of the West, doesn’t Sharia seem like it will always win?

It depends. My take on the Muslim population in the UK is that modernity and post-modernity has been quite corrosive of traditional Muslim views, for a fair proportion of the Muslim community. So, while traditional Islam is quite hostile towards homosexuality, and women in leadership, in the west you now have a few female imams (mosque leaders) and one or two gay imams as well. In the more middle-class parts, liberal values can now be seen, esp w.r.t feminism.

2 Likes

Liberals are indistinguishable in every denomination and every faith. And why wouldn’t they be? They all worship the same gods of diversity, equity, and inclusion.

4 Likes

Yup. ten characters

Yes, that was the point I was trying to make; that is, that the “gods of diversity, equity and inclusion” are making inroads into Islam as well.

1 Like