The topic about women’s bible studies built up so much steam that I thought my slightly tangential question would be best in a new thread.
What do people think about dividing up the church, not by gender but by other categories, to give more “relevant” or “appropriate” teaching?
- A students-only bible study
- A prayer meeting for men who work in a particular area of the city
- Children’s ministry
- A pastor doing further/more in depth study with a small group of young men who he sees as potential future candidates for full time ministry
- A “singles” group (cringe)
- A simplified bible study for those who speak English as their second language.
- A one-off or short-term programme put on for people entering a particular phase of life (getting married, starting work, having children, retirement, etc.)