Communist China Bans Effeminate Men

In grazing through this morning’s news headlines, I stumbled upon this one:

China bans men it sees as
not masculine enough from TV

Money quote:

Broadcasters must “resolutely put an end to sissy men and other abnormal esthetics,” the National Radio and TV Administration said, using an insulting slang term for effeminate men — “niang pao,” or literally, “girlie guns.”

We may safely assume the Chinese Communist Party is not relying on The Grace of Shame or the Bible for its notions about what is masculine. No, they have only nature to guide them, and that guide is constant and dependable down through the centuries.

The news report further shows us an example of how important it is to distinguish between male (which points to biology, genes, etc.) and masculine (which points to behavioral patterns, temperaments, and so on).

Males can never be female, no matter how many hormone replacement therapies or surgical scalpels are applied. This only produces a male with a macerated body.

But males can be (and in the West often are) feminine, or effeminate (similar to women). Their biology - from plumbing to DNA - is as male as the day they were born. But, their behavior, their affectations, their curated temperaments and interests and pastimes - all these hearken to the world of women, not men.

The militarily ambitious Chinese know all this, of course.

12 Likes

That doesn’t bode well for the West which has lost all ambition except its bodily urges.

A couple years ago I was at a conference in Oslo the day after a major diplomatic event involving a military parade. One of the other attendees at the conference was Norwegian Army chaplain. When I asked about the occasion, his most significant response was to register his disgust at the complete inability of the Norwegian Army to march properly at a state function!

While our armies are being briefed with all the intricacies of sensitivity training, they don’t even know how to march. How much does the recent humiliation of NATO powers at the hands of a rag-tag bunch of terrorists have to do with our rather misplaced priorities?

4 Likes

And FWIW, this change in Chinese policy as well:

China NPC: Three-child policy formally passed into law - BBC News

1 Like