Cold takes: Comic-Con 2019

New Warhorn Media post by Nathan Alberson:

Are there spoilers in this episode? Asking for a friend who is still back in 2017 …

1 Like

“Cold Takes” is a great idea for a segment. Think you guys will do one on Kevin Hart being uninvited to host the Oscar’s?

Ironically, my worry is that these takes are too hot for me … I might let them cool off for 6-9 months.

1 Like

Maybe they can do one about the all-women Ghostbusters reboot while you get up to speed. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ha. I don’t care about spoilers for things not worth watching. I listened to MIB: International without hesitation. Spoil away.

I honestly don’t remember what spoilers there are or aren’t

Here’s a challenge for those with unpopular opinions: xkcd: Unpopular Opinions

1 Like

I succeeded on my first try!

But I’m to embarrassed to publicly admit the movie…

1 Like

Lady in the Water

Love that movie. Incredible. It moves me to tears every time.

1 Like

Come on man. Spill it.

1 Like

Not successful unless you fess up.

1 Like

… sigh …

Push

I think it’s a fun movie. I’m not sure I could explain what else I like about it. Something to the effect that it feels like a snapshot of a larger story… And something else. Not the underage drinking.

May have to make some time to go watch it again.

1 Like

I feel like I really enjoyed Lady in the Water too.

From what I remember. I think I last saw it in the theater.

2 Likes

Push rocks. Nuff said.

Well if @nathanalberson likes it…

I haven’t seen it. Looks like a strange combination of teenager superheroes (which I don’t like) and x-files (which I can’t get enough of). Maybe if I see it on TNT someday I’ll DVR it.

Great discussion on good acting and fitting roles, starting at 47:15, Natalie Portman vs Gwenyth Paltrow, leading into Tom Hanks playing Mr. Rogers.

Indeed, Fred Rogers wasn’t acting. But when he was, he was still “just doing what Mr. Rogers does.”

Never out of character…

1 Like