Children and danger (Part 2)

New Warhorn Media post by Andrew Dionne:

1 Like

My wife and I have been waiting for this second part for a while now. In God’s providence, soon after we listened to the first part, a family member was discovered molesting one of our young children. We found this episode very encouraging, as the path we felt duty-bound to pursue in response was in line with what was discussed here, though it has brought a lot of resistance upon us from some family.

On the topic of sympathy for the molester when consequences come upon him, we have turned to Leviticus 18:29. After a chapter of forbidding the uncovering of nakedness, God commands:

For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.

Whether in Israel that meant banishment or execution, for us today it certainly means it is appropriate that the sins of the molester fundamentally effect their relationships, and require them to be in some measure “cut off” from their family.

The preceding verses also remind us how seriously God takes these issues, and warn those who take them lightly.

24 Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you: 25 And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants. 26 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you: 27 (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;) 28 That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.

Thank you very much for the episode.

5 Likes