Bearing fruit in difficult seasons

New Warhorn Media post by Dani McNeilly:

4 Likes

Thank you, Dani, for this good reminder. <3

2 Likes

Sometimes the season is a long and terminal one. My wife has Early Onset Alzheimer’s. It is a disease that must be lived with to understand. It is a disease of small losses every day. It has no good news to it. No one is called a hero like a cancer sufferer might. It is a continuing season of grief.

As I’ve observed and experienced grief it is a complex and very personal set of emotions. It doesn’t track together. Even in laughter the heart may be in grief.

I’ve been using the Galatian’s passage and 1 Corinthians passage as diagnostics as you wrote. Alzheimer’s keeps the pressure on. Squeezing, squeezing, squeezing. The line from a hymn ‘O to grace how great a debtor daily I’m constrained to be. Let Thy mercy like a fetter bind my wandering heart to Thee.’ has come to have deeper meaning.

13 Likes

This scares me. Only by God’s grace are we strong enough for such trials. Praying for you.

4 Likes

So sorry, dear brother. Love,

We are attending the Clearnote Indy church. Pastor David is a fine man. There’s not too many gray heads in the congregation, though. Lots of young families and children. Thanks for the recommend.

4 Likes