Bayly's daily

Gen 9:7: “As for you, be fruitful and multiply; [fn]populate the earth abundantly and multiply in it.” [Lit “swarm in the earth abundantly”] “Swarm” doubles down on “multiply” and “abundant.” “Populate” is meh. “Swarm” is yikes. Many of us know this personally. #Biblestraightup

Audio recording of Evangel Presbytery’s “Abortion and the Church.” This is the second in a series. Here we record the book’s “Summary Introduction.” Second in the series. Abortion and the Church | Audio 2: Abortion and the Church (Summary Introduction)

Thank you for all you have done to protect the sheep.

Ouch. Like “cheese food.”

3 Likes

MSNBC: “Monterey Park shooting reminds us of America’s most tragic policy failure”

No. Not even in same ballpark. America’s “most tragic policy failure” is genocidal holocaust of ¼ to ½ our children given us by God each year. #abortiongenocide

1 Like

Audio of “The Kindness of the Lord: a pastor’s life (12)”

“Tim, I love you and I just wanted to tell you that I forgive you.”

“Thank you, Ruth, but for what are you forgiving me?” I responded. Warhorn Blog Posts | The kindness of the Lord: a pastor's life (12)

First in a new series on the pastor’s work feeding the sheep Sheep may safely graze (1) - Warhorn Media

Audio of “All Scripture is God-breathed (4)” (fourth in a series on modern Bible products)

“One objection I want to respond to in connection with this series is the scandal readers may experience when reading that our modern Bible products “gag God” and “delete God’s Words.” Why put it so harshly? Isn’t this merely a scholarly debate and wouldn’t it be better to keep it private? Doesn’t publicizing it harm the sheep’s trust in the Bible they read? How is that helpful?” Warhorn Blog Posts | All Scripture is God-breathed (4)

Audio of “Sheep may safely graze,” a new series on the pastor’s work feeding the sheep Warhorn Blog Posts | Sheep may safely graze (1)

Audio of "Abortion & the Church (Chapter 1, The bloodshed of the 20th century: Section 1, a grim progression). Third in the series.

“When the record of our time is written, it will be a record of bloodshed on a scale previously unimaginable across the history of mankind. The heart of that bloodshed is the war carried out by the born against the unborn. The victims of this war are a class of persons constrained within the wombs of their mothers, and they live without sight, sound, or voice. The disability that unites them is their incapacity to lift a finger in their own defense.” Abortion and the Church | Audio 3: Abortion and the Church; Chapter 1 (Bloodshed of 20th century); Section 1 (A grim progression)

Change to NASB95. It gives reader literal Greek/Hebrew thru footnotes. For instance, at “mercy seat” footnote reads “Lit. propitiatory.” Aha! Not just “mercy” but “blood covering.” Reading NASB’s footnotes simple way of returning meaning of original words of God. #Biblestraightup

Drill today is legacy Christian publishers marketing their books/authors. They control what gets bought & read. Not Warhorn books, though, so we need your help. Pls read & recommend “Abortion and the Church.” It says what no legacy publishers ever say. https://abortion.evangelpresbytery.com/

“Sheep may safely graze (2)” the dangers of online grazing Sheep may safely graze (2) - Warhorn Media

Memo to Elton John: The New York Times always says “God is dead.”

1 Like

If you are tempted by this perversion, don’t listen to this pope. He makes it easier for you to get comfy w/your sin. Rather, focus on God’s “no.” He is the Judge Eternal. Live by faith that He Alone matters. Turn to Him in faith. Pope Francis says homosexuality isn't a crime, calls on church leaders

The podcast “Out of Our Minds” is back and we just began series on preaching. First episode’s on “pulpiteering.” Nathan, Jake, and I start by discussing what is it & what’s wrong with it? Don’t miss it! Out of Our Minds | How to preach, Part 1

1 Like

On that note, this piece made for an interesting and challenging read:

Historic Accusations Against Catholic Church in Pope Benedict’s New Book — Charisma News

This re-inforces a view I have had for a while: that the problem with the requirement for priestly celibacy, is that for a very long time, it has given gays a way of ‘hiding in plain sight’.

Audio No. 4 of “Abortion and the Church” Chapter 1 (Bloodshed of 20th century), Section 2 (Abortion’s consequences—sex selection, IVF, cannibalization of babies’ body parts) Abortion and the Church | Audio 4: Abortion and the Church; Chapter 1 (Bloodshed of 20th century); Section 2 (Abortion's consequences—sex selection, IVF, cannibalization of babies' body parts)

That note gives me another opportunity to recommend an exposition of this very point, made by a Jesuit priest addressing a meeting of others in his monastic order. Entitled “What Went Wrong?”, Mankowski presented an analysis of how the homosexual abuse scandal festered within the Roman Church through much of the 20th Century.

A key section of his exposition makes the very point Ross raises:

. . . being an honorable station in society, the clerical life provided high grass in which many villains and disturbed individuals could seek cover. I would estimate that between 50 and 60 percent of the men who entered religious life with me in the mid-70s were homosexuals who had no particular interest in the Church, but who were using the celibacy requirement of the priesthood as a way of camouflaging the real reason for the fact that they would never marry.

It should be noted in this connection that the military has its own smaller but irreducible share of crypto-gays, as do roughnecks on offshore drilling rigs and merchant mariners (“I never got married because I move around so much it wouldn’t be fair on the girl…”). Perhaps a certain percentage of homosexuals in these professions can never be eliminated.

I further believe that the most convincing explanation of the disproportionately high number of pedophiles in the priesthood is not the famous Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers Theory, but its reverse, proposed to me by a correctional officer at a Canadian prison. He suggested that, in years past, Catholic men who recognized the pederastic tendency in themselves and hated it would try to put it to death by entering a seminary or a monastery, where they naively believed the sexual dimension of life simply disappeared. It doesn’t disappear, and many of these men, by the time they found out they were wrong, had already become addicted. This suggestion has the advantage of accounting for the fact that most priests who are true pedophiles appear to be men in their 60s and older, and belong to a generation of Catholics with, on the one hand, a strong sense of sexual mortal sin and, on the other, strong convictions about the asceticism and sexual integrity of priestly life.

To homosexuals and pedophiles I would add a third group, those I call “tames” — men who are incapable of facing the normally unpleasant situations presented by adulthood and who find refuge, and indeed success, in a system that rewards concern for appearance, distaste for conflict, and fondness for the advantageous lie. In sum, the social prestige and high reputation that attached to the post-WW2 priesthood made it attractive to men of low character and provided them with excellent cover.

3 Likes