Bayly's daily

Financial Times exposes Apple’s longtime enabling of Communist totalitarianism in China Register to read | Financial Times

Can we also cross “LGBTQ+ community” and all its derivatives off our vocab lists please?

4 Likes

Can TN or FL make identification with such groups a criminal offense? Rainbow flag flying too. Uganda leading the way.

1 Like

“ChatGPT is this kind of idiot savant (and it) doesn’t really understand about truth.” Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Start listening at 21:30: Full interview: "Godfather of artificial intelligence" talks impact and potential of AI - YouTube

Here is a parallel to Chesterton’s statement, “The anti-Christian is always the half-Christian gone mad.” It’s found in Calvin’s sermons on 2Timothy:

“Notice moreover that those who once savoured the gospel are far worse enemies, and a hundred times more bitter, than the poor blind souls who did not know true teaching.”

#goodshepherd

“Coronation of King Charles is today,” Mary Lee said after dinner. I said I refused to see it. “Utter hypocrisy. I hate it.”

But I found it on YouTube for her and now, an hour later, she came into the bedroom where I’m working. She was crying and I said, “Now you know why I wouldn’t look at it.”

Through her tears she said, “It was a worship service. I thought it was going to be pomp and circumstance, but it was a worship service. I’ve never heard God’s Name taken in vain so many times.”

Sacrilege. Blasphemy.

May I also point out that this is “Christian nationalism.”

3 Likes

Note the Apostle Paul leaves this final instruction to his younger protege: “preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort.” “Reprove” and “rebuke” are negative. Even “exhort” can feel that way, at times. Cheerful teaching of helpful truths and doctrines is not preaching. If everything we say in God’s pulpit is unobjectionable, we’ve failed. #goodshepherd

2 Likes

Preaching, when we reprove & rebuke we must not take edge off or soften the thing introducing it w/apology. “Here’s a bit of a correction” or “may I suggest” or “won’t you please like me a whole lot even if I have to say hard things occasionally?” U speak for God. #goodshepherd

3 Likes

If even Jesus “learned obedience through the things He suffered” (Hebrews 5:8), why would God’s sons/daughters be surprised at suffering? If we look at suffering as a strange pollution of the victorious Christian life, we don’t know Jesus. #sufferingablessing

1 Like

Americans have zip knowledge of history between Russia/Ukraine, Moskov/Kyiv, St. Petersburg/Kiev. Solzhenitsyn saw this war coming way back in seventies, regretting its inevitability, saying he’d never let his sons fight in it. Nevertheless US/NATO are whole-hog in.

Following NYT’s recent servile pieces as Fox mouthpiece on firing, think likely actual reason they fired Tucker Carlson is for saying nyet to the whole mess.

#tuckercarlson #tuckercarlsonfired #ukrainwar #FoxNews

Hollywood hires women to incubate their babies. China sells their criminals’ organs. Whole world buys drugs to kill their preborn babies. Kenya pastor sells congregation’s organs, then starves them.

Oh come Lord Jesus! Autopsies on corpses linked to Kenya starvation cult reveal missing organs; 133 confirmed dead - CBS News

What is a Canaanite today? What we should think abt

@tbbayly
You ask, “what is a Canaanite?” Well - we sometimes say that the people of Israel took over Canaan. Actually - Canaan took over them, as the OT shows.

What has taken us over, then?

2 Likes

150 years ago or so, white men held black men in perpetual race-based bondage. The awful legacy remains as the context between the white man and the black man. A lot of us grumble against it, but it’s there.

80 years ago, about half the time between us and American slavery, the Ukrainians were starved to death by Stalin’s collectivist farming nightmare. Surely the legacy of that event has to be the context of the relationship between the Russian and the Ukrainian.

You say, “That was the Soviet Union.” When a white man tells the black man, “That was a long time ago; it’s a different country now,” the black man automatically drops his lament and accepts that explanation, doesn’t he? Russia was clearly the most powerful Soviet republic, and clearly drove the whole thing. It makes perfect sense why the Ukrainians would not be keen to be in Russia’s orbit again, especially after Russia has chosen to force them to do so by war.

I watched Zelensky’s speech before Congress. His masculinity and vigor contrast well with the androgyny and gerontocracy of our Congress. Soft men vs hard men.

2 Likes

Sounds great. They can do it without my sons’ blood or my grandchildren’s patrimony.

1 Like

John M - yes … but what happens with/in Ukraine will have consequences for America’s allies in Europe, and thus, by extension, for America itself.

Thanks, but I’ve been taken on this ride before. “We fight them over there so we don’t have to fight them over here.” I didn’t get a tee shirt, but there’s a bridge in my hometown named after a childhood friend who isn’t around to be lied to anymore.

Call me if somebody invades a treaty ally. In the meantime I’ll be waiting for the Swedish and Finnish troops to arrive here in Phoenix to repel the invasion on our southern border.

1 Like

Men, I don’t choose where to send billions to support a foreign nation’s war based on the manhood of the ruler. If I did, I would probably choose Putin’s shirtless horseback riding over Zelensky’s (uh, maybe I shouldn’t even mention it if you guys don’t know about it).

And slavery? Once we start down the moral equivalence path comparing other nation’s sins to ours, it’s endless. I wasn’t talking about slavery, the Third Reich, abortion, etc. I was talking about Ukraine and Russia and US. Of course we must take into account the starvation of millions by Joe Stalin. But that’s late history with much more to learn before it. Certainly no one’s proposing that the starvation by Stalin means the Caucasus shouldn’t be able to vote whether to be under Ukraine’s corrupt government or Russia’s corrupt government?

Speaking of late history, what is noteworthy is Christians supporting this war in defense of one of the most corrupt countries in the world while the man whose son benefitted stupendously from that corruption (and passed that money on to his father) sits in the White House and pours our billions into defending that country. Don’t we ever tire of signing onto liberal-conservative pols uniting their nation and starting up their profitable military-industrial complex with a proxy war on another nation’s soil? Love,

2 Likes

The United States under President Biden has not and should not give Zelensky everything he asks for. We have our own interests. However, that Zelensky boldly asks shows he is representing his people well. He’s playing the man. Something to admire there, even if you’re not on board with the policy.

1 Like

Very sad to hear of the death of Pastor Jim Strietelmeier of Neighborhood Fellowship Church on the near-east side of Indianapolis. He bore some resemblance to Job, being a faithful friend and helper of the poor and oppressed. But he was no “do-gooder” or SJW blabbermouth. A humble Christian man, with his wife Debbie, the Strietelmeiers opened their hearts and home and family to those on the borders of society and the margins of life.

It was remarkable how quiet they were about it all. Also how firm Jim was in recognizing the sins and evils that attend and threaten such ministries. We had occasion to seek advice from Jim a number of times and always found his wisdom firmly anchored to Scripture’s doctrine of the Fall and Original Sin. He stood out as the opposite of do-gooders and SJW groupies in his refusal to deny or even minimize the moral agency and responsibility of each of us, including the most needy he served so faithfully.

Jim had my admiration, and I’ve always been thankful for my son, Joseph, introducing me to him. Joseph and I both benefited much from Jim and Debbie’s generosity of time and attention, and from Neighborhood Fellowship’s hospitality and service. May the Holy Spirit comfort them all in their time of grieving, and may He raise up other true men of God who will fill Jim’s place left behind.

Visitation will be this coming Monday and Tuesday, May 15 and 16: https://www.legacy.com/…/james-strietelmeier-obituary…

3 Likes