Avengers: Endgame

New Warhorn Media post by Nathan Alberson:

1 Like

Great episode, guys. Glad to see SAM spinning off into its own show. Will you guys be announcing movies ahead of time so we can watch them before new episodes drop?

As far as Endgame:

Spoilers

I agree with the rating of 4/4 stars on the subjective enjoyment scale and 0/4 stars for what it did to the characters and the universe. I’m not sure how they move forward with more movies without rebooting the entire MCU. And I’m not sure if a reboot would make me care more or less about Marvel than I do now. As it stands now, the whole MCU just seems broken.

I am excited for the next Spider Man, but only because Homecoming was good and Tom Holland’s Peter Parker/Spider Man is compelling enough as a character for me not to care if he’s in a broken universe.

3 Likes

As often as we’re able we’ll announce. But like many things we’re figuring it out, so you’ll have to pay attention. :innocent:

1 Like

Building the plane while in the air, as my dad would say. But sometimes that’s the only way to get it built. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This was a fun listen. Looking forward to more. Mostly agree. It will be interesting to see how they squander 10 years of good will over the next 10 years.

I wrote about the underlying problems of the premise of Infinity War here:

https://medium.com/@mattrobison/the-real-problem-with-thanos-plan-87e407584fba

And was happy that they sort of addressed it in Endgame. There was no rise out of the ashes. The main results were more chaos and despair. It was clumsy, and they didn’t really dig deep, but they at least attempted to put some band-aids on the wound.

2 Likes

Thanks for the review. I really liked the movie both times I saw it on opening weekend. But I was worried that I’d start not liking it over time and as I thought about it more (like The Force Awakens).

(spoilers)

Summary

I talked myself into thinking that the Cap ending was OK at first. But clearly it wasn’t. The “tying up loose ends” was too huge of a plot point to just paper over. And the idea that he would go back in time and not do anything about Bucky, Hydra, etc. is laughable and totally out of character.

I hadn’t really been thinking too hard about the way Cap evolved over the course of the series. But you’re right… they really treated him (and the audience) disrespectfully.

Too bad… I consider the whole MCU world-building a success, but it’s just not as good as it could have been if they’d tightened up the plot and given Cap an interesting development arc (like Tony).

2 Likes

I can’t seem to find Sanity at the Movies on Google Podcasts. Is this an issue that you guys are aware of?

1 Like

To echo Chris. I can’t find it on Podcast Addict. I downloaded a different app that had it but… Weird.

1 Like

It just launched, and it takes time to get the show to show up in all the regular places.

2 Likes

Ok. I’ll try to be patient. Appreciate your guys’ work. Keep it up.

2 Likes

I still don’t see it at PocketCast – usually doesn’t take this long, I believe PocketCast gets content from iTunes.

1 Like

Trying a new solution. Sorry for the hassle.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any of these movies, but you guys arguing through alternate plot fixes from 1:14 – 1:17 was hilarious. “So then they hug.” “No! Well, ok.”

2 Likes

Just subscribed in PocketCasts. Pleasing.

1 Like

OK, subscribed, and downloaded Endgame episode – thanks.

I didn’t know the MCU was a thing until the “Black Panther” eps of sanity.

I didn’t know it was a big thing until the “Invinity Wars” eps.

So we started watching. I guess we’ve averaged one MCU movies every two months or so since then. (Skipped a few Iron Man movies and Hulk) We are through Ultron now.

I look forward to listening to this in 2020 or 2021.

3 Likes

Haven’t listened to the review, but certainly do plan on it.

1 Like