Announcing our 2021 Shepherds Conference: The Good Soldier

New Warhorn Media post by Tim Bayly:

6 Likes

Speaking as a pastor’s son: this really matters. The surprising thing is not that pastors’ and elders’ children backslide, the surprising thing is why more don’t. And a lot of it does turn on the way these children see their parents treated by the church that Dad is pastoring. I know I’m “preaching to the choir” here, but forewarned is forearmed, men.

This is especially when the rhetoric from the pulpit does not match the reality on the ground. My father brought me up to think that the particular tradition we were in (Pentecostal) were, in Christian terms, “the best and the brightest”. That didn’t match what even I could see at the time in this particular church, and I know a lot more about the situation now.

4 Likes

Was this recorded? I’ve been excitedly waiting for the talks to be posted!

It was postponed and will, Lord willing, be taking place this October. I’m sure the new information will be posted here whenever it is set.

7 Likes

Would love to see you there, Kyle

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: Looks like it’s a 9-hour drive from Saint Paul, MN, so we’ll see! I’d love to!

2 Likes

October 6&7! More info here: 2021 Shepherds Conference - NEW GENEVA ACADEMY

Brothers - this conference was the single most helpful thing to me when I was solo pastoring. If you do any sort of shepherding, or hope to, it is worth the time and money. I’ve been to Desiring God Pastor’s Conference, T4G, The Gospel Coalition, DG National Conference, Iron Sharpens Iron - none of them compare. Real men doing real pastoral work. Real men who have sinned. Real men who have called men to repentance. They will encourage and rebuke you and you will be better for it.

Come and be strengthened.

10 Likes

Are the recordings going to be posted or podcasted?

5 Likes

Are the recordings going to be posted or podcasted?

I second this! :slight_smile:

The best laid plans…

We had every intention of getting those recordings posted ASAP. But, alas, there was a problem and we didn’t capture the audio. We did make some videos. So we’re working on extracting the audio and will post as soon as we can. It won’t be great but it will be something. Right, @bstormcrow and @sbaker?

2 Likes

Yep. Working on it as we speak. We’ll post a link as soon as we can.

6 Likes

This is wonderful news! :slight_smile:

Sorry, didn’t realize we’d already answered above. Thanks, Joseph, for the correction. Love,

1 Like

It would be helpful to me just to have whatever outlines the men had prepared for their talks. Could those be posted?

1 Like

Tim’s first session is now published. It should be popping up on your podcast apps if you are subscribed (apple, google). Four other sessions to follow in coming days…

8 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

Thanks for the work of making the audio available. The conference was very helpful.

4 Likes

It was very good seeing you and your men again. Thanks for making the trip.

3 Likes
1 Like