2.7. Pathos and pity

New Warhorn Media post by Nathan Alberson:

4 Likes

And … SPARKY LOSES HIS INHALER!

3 Likes

And a mention of Hrothgar’s!

But man when is season 3 coming? We can’t be left with that ending. Is there a more punchable voice?

5 Likes

Errricaaaaa :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

2 Likes
  1. Why the Red Robin hate?
  2. Major props for the saxophone joke. I laughed out loud in my car.
6 Likes

The Red Robin hate was pretty funny. I think I’ve only been there once, and it was alright. Had no idea people were snobbish about it.

3 Likes

I’ve only ever heard one person hate on Red Robin in my life, and that’s one @nathanalberson. I think I finally figured out why just a couple weeks ago. I somehow got in a conversation with a group of foodies, and in the course of conversation they discovered that they all have a soft spot for Red Robin as the one chain place they’ll eat if they have to, or look for while on the road. It is, apparently, the chain choice of snobs, and Nathan, with unerring instincts, is a perfect reverse snob. Which, if you think about it, makes perfect sense for Erica. And also makes it kind of safe to pick on.

4 Likes

Red Robin would be vastly improved if they added one thing to the menu … food. :neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:

1 Like

As an icon of American corporate banality, Red Robin is right up there, however. :neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:

1 Like

But I don’t impose my will on the characters of The Ville. They all came to their hatred of Red Robin from different organic places.

2 Likes

I come close to hating Red Robin because they used to give you a no-strings-attached burger on your birthday, and then they stopped.

My wife and I have close birthdays, and so did a local business acquaintance of mine, and we’d all end up in Red Robin getting free burgers once a year. A sweet little tradition, destroyed. Haven’t been back other than once to try their meatless burger when it was still hard to find one locally.

1 Like

I used to take our family to Red Robin fairly regularly. Everyone liked it. And my wife basically lived on their turkey burger during the first trimester of our third child’s gestation.

But then they added those on-table tablet-computers… We basically stopped going overnight. I hate that screen sticking up on the table the whole time you are there. I guess they are popular in more and more restaurants. I just cannot enjoy the meal with it there. We don’t have laptops/phones/tvs at the table at home and I don’t want them when I go out somewhere either.

Maybe its just me.

I much prefer Mac-Attack. Those General Slurpy Raspberry Daiquiris are legit.

5 Likes

Just circled back to the last two episodes of The Ville, which I had missed. My impression of Stu’s monologue at the end is that he said true things about Erica but also justified wickedness. I don’t know if that makes Stu better, I think it makes him worse.

It seemed like the authors’ message was complex and hard to understand. Maybe this is for deeper thinkers than me?

And we left Mr. O’Reilly and Oliver at grandma’s? Hoped for a more satisfying close.

Love,

2 Likes

I honestly wasn’t sure what exactly happened at the end. Did Stu seduce the mother too?