159. The Last Battle

New Warhorn Media post by Nathan Alberson:

This was an uncomfortable and disappointing book to read even when I wasn’t prepared to be critical of it. I might save listening to this episode until I have a drink and some quiet time.

Anyhow, I can’t say I’m looking forward to hearing what I expect to be an excoriation of Lewis, but I will listen.

1 Like

We are not as excoriating as we thought we would be

1 Like

This is a very saturnine book.

Nitpick… the Emeth episode is a worrisome display of inclusivism as opposed to universalism. They are both false and tempt us to complacency but universalism is worse. Sorry if you clarified that and I missed it.

I’ve been telling all of our friends for years that they should be more like me and my wife so THANK YOU!!!

2 Likes

You are correct! In fact your lasting positive impressions have given me cause to go back and re-read The Last Battle, so thank you!

Also, I think I must just be bad at criticism, despite my degree in English. My favorite Narnia book is still A Horse and His Boy and the objective second best Harry Potter book is The Order of the Phoenix. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

You kicked this episode off with some great Narnia puns. Not the October puns I was prepared for…

We aim to please. :smiling_imp:

Speaking for myself, I love the episodes where they go after C.S. Lewis. I love contrarians. They keep us honest.

3 Likes

Great rant from Jake. This is why we talk about books!

2 Likes