Zach Snyder's Justice League (2021) (Part 1)

New Warhorn Media post by Nathan Alberson:

3 Likes

I have seen two Snyder movies: Man of Steel and Legend of the Guardians - which is an animated flick about owls with swords. I really disliked Man of Steel - the storytelling is just so bad - but I actually thought Legend was pretty great. Not sure how, but Snyder managed to tell a half-decent story.

1 Like

I’ve never seen the owl one. The entire concept confuses me.

1 Like

I have so many thoughts about this movie. I’m excited to hear your part 2 but the one thing that I get struck by with all of these Snyder movies is that I just don’t care about what’s happened by the end of these movies. The kind of storytelling they have used is trying to play on the fact that there are other ways (comics, cartoons or better movies) that you have consumed this brand and care about these characters without doing the work of getting you to care about them again. Snyder’s heavy handedness with his symbolism and archetypes is almost like if Jordan Peterson was a movie maker. Lot of Jungian allusions. Snyder also is apparently a Ayn Rand fan and has been trying to get the fountain head made into a movie.

2 Likes