Tenet

Fair enough. Maybe I should rephrase and say I thought what it had to say was silly and what it contributed to the conversation wasn’t worth hearing.

Is that too snooty? I do feel like a snob about these things. :face_with_monocle:

No, I think that’s fine! There were a few times in the show, too, where you were apologizing for sounding snobby but I didn’t think you did, or at least not more than anyone does when they discuss a movie for more than a few minutes.

1 Like

The movie made a lot more sense on a second viewing.

1 Like

I will honesty probably never know.

Sorry for bumping this up. I was reading this thread because I watched Tenet recently. And I had to think about the Joker also.

I agree with you that The Joker is the most interesting and entertaining character.
The Joker is the man of our time and maybe the future.

• The man every woman is appalled by and hates, but he is raised by her without a father.
  • He makes very intelligent jokes. ("…very poor choice of words")
  • Sarcastic. Very good a observing/diagnosing the hypocrisies of us, very good points. (“Chaos is fair”)
  • He ridicules the faux manhood of Batman who ALWAYS solves things by technology.
  • Always one step ahead.
  • Plays everybody, the bad guys and the good ones. (“If you’re good at something, never to it for free”)
  • Apparently likes game theory, behavioral science.

Not sure if Nolan’s films are nihilistic, to me they are a very good mirror of our time. (catch this joke with Tenet, haha)

1 Like

Bump away! :innocent: I can’t say I remember that exact conversation but I agree with all the points you’re making.

1 Like

I still think about this movie frequently.

1 Like

Sometimes I feel out of touch but then I remember absolutely everyone else is and I’m normal.

2 Likes