Missouri Presbytery's (PCA) Response to Revoice: a close reading (1)

New Warhorn Media post by Tim Bayly:

4 Likes

They seem to be concerned about 3 kinds of fear: the church’s fear of the sexual revolution, the gays’ (within the church) fear that they will be outed, the presbytery’s fear that people on either side of the issue won’t like what they say.

But what about the fear of the Lord? That is the only fear that should be on the table. Who is our Lord after all? He is known to be “a hard man, reaping where thou didst not sow, and gathering where thou didst not scatter.” He is known to hate every kind of sin and every kind of fear except that fear which drives us to be more like him. That is why he told us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling.

Talking about three different kinds of the fear of man without one mention of the fear of the Lord probably tells you all you need to know about the rest of the report.

I appreciate your words @tbbayly. And the words of others who are willing to publicly stand against the pet sins of our culture, even within our church culture.

4 Likes

Thanks for doing this. As you said the first few pages are very tough going. A ‘Vomit Alert’ disclaimer would have been appropriate. For this PCA choir tenor, it seems unfortunate that people, who style themselves as brothers, could write this. Spell-check. Edit it. Have other comment on it. And then say ‘Finished, lets post it’ I cannot call them brothers in return. If this inflammatory document rouses our Elders at GA from their normal ‘deliberative’ frame of mind, changing them into warrior sheepdogs desirous of cleaning the paddock quickly, it will be evidence of God’s mercy that it was written. If not, I will be looking for 'Help Wanted" signs at other 5-point reformed pedobaptistic, Westminster Subscribing, non-pre mil (sorry Macarther fans) denominations, preferably KJV, but will accept NKJV if necessary; NB: all forms of lapsarianisms are acceptable.

2 Likes