Luca (2021): Disney hates dads

New Warhorn Media post by Nathan Alberson:

1 Like

I’m a Wall-E apologist.

It doesn’t hurt that it was my kids’ favorite movie for a while, and one of them pronounced it “Wobby”…but still.

Beneath the bombastic, surface-level messaging is a subtlety that undermines where the typical progressive wants to take that messaging. Even the end credits sequence plays into this undercurrent. Every time I watch it, I notice something new, and I appreciate its genius more.

I won’t litigate it here, but it is worth a discussion.

Agree with your Luca take. I appreciated the simplicity of the story and friendship that went against the grain of the cultural gaystapo.

Just don’t think about the rules of the world too hard.

6 Likes

Strong agree. The first time I watched Wall-E, I was fully prepared to loathe the ending I thought was coming. The actual ending blew me away.

3 Likes

Alright, I put my thoughts in a thread, because Wall-E was a hot topic yesterday and today and I’ve been wanting to get my thoughts down for a long time.

https://twitter.com/FoundationDads/status/1432717238000394255

6 Likes

Nicely done. I’ve still never seen it somehow but now maybe I have to.

2 Likes

I agree completely. Always have since the first day I saw this great movie. It is the top Pixar movie. It is one movie that I have seen several times (but not as many times as Heaven Can Wait - wink, wink @nathanalberson and Sanity at the Movies :grinning:)

2 Likes

Well done. Thanks.

3 Likes

Like … the Warren Beaty movie?

Yup.

It will always be one of the all-timers in my mind.

1 Like