Local vs global flood

As a kid who grew up (and remains) staunchly 6 day/24 hour - I met my match in a biology class for biology majors my freshman year of college. They beat my arguments into the ground. My faith was nearly demolished. I began reading books - Scientific Creationism, laws of thermodynamics, etc.

And then, I met some Christian men who said “you are spending so much time reading these books by men - go read Psalm 19 and go to bed.” And I did. And I believed.

Hebrews clearly says “by faith we understand that the world has been created by the word of God so that what is seen has not been made out of things that are visible.”

From Adam onward, every man has had to take God at His Word that He made the world and all that there is. Adam didn’t see the makings either. He believed it happened because God told him.

12 Likes

If the flood was local, not global, then of what use is God’s covenant not to destroy again by flood? Wouldn’t a rainbow appearing over a local flood in our day make a mockery of this promise?

9 Likes

And any number of local floods that have happened since then would have been proof that His promise is empty.

8 Likes

Yes, exactly. Imagine being camped on top of a filthy muddy levee after the Great Mississippi Flood of 1927, mourning the loss of your entire family while you wait for floodwaters to recede around you as far as the eye can see. And then a rainbow appears in the sky after a brief rainstorm.

3 Likes

6 Likes