Kristi Noem Bends the Knee

Saying this is about sports is like saying mask mandates are about cloth.

This is about sexual anarchy, not sports or money.

To frame it that way is equivalent to Lot saying that the grass in the valley is his livelihood and affects him every day, but where the men of Sodom go at night is their own business and has no impact on him.

And acting like we are being judgmental is absurd. We didn’t go looking for Noem. CrossPolitic held her up before our eyes as a conservative champion, contrasting her with all the Republican governors who supposedly didn’t have the backbone to do the right thing on the really important matters like… masks.

And the moment we looked at her she failed on something that actually matters. In a way that shows she has no back bone at all. (unless she pulls a better law out of her hat later this year, which I would say is exceedingly unlikely.)

Nobody asked you to boycott South Dakota. All we’d really like to see is a little bit of self critical capacity from those who told us they were holding an event in South Dakota becauseof how great the governor is.

7 Likes

https://disrn.com/news/sd-gov-noem-signs-excutive-orders-barring-biological-men-from-womens-sports

From the article: “The collegiate order also encourage the state’s Board of Regents to implement policies barring biological men from women’s sports as long as it does not impact the state’s standing with the National Collegiate Athletic Association. The NCAA currently allows transgender athletes to compete in the sport of their choosing.”

3 Likes

Yup. Pence did it before Noem. The NCAA is the elephant both Pence and Noem cower before. Nevertheless, politics is the art of the possible and we elected both of them knowing full well this is what to expect of them because this is what their pastors preach to them and what the Gospel Coalition has done to set the example. Love,

7 Likes

Yeah, Pence and the RFRA debacle was exactly what I thought of when I read that.

The end result is the state is worse off than if it had done nothing, but the governor claims to have stood strong on conservative principles.

Anyway, I guess that makes it pretty clear not to expect Noem to sign a law better than the one she already vetoed.

5 Likes

Agreed.

I argued against DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act) along this line. My position was: neither the Oregon legislature, nor the Federal congress, nor mankind in toto has the authority to define “marriage.” Marriage was created by our Creator, the same Creator Who endows us with our certain, inalienable rights.

I was asserting specific, God given jurisdictions… a classic Romans 13:1(a) limited government argument.

I was countered by a pragmatic view. “We have the majority. We have the power. We should use it, and enshrine in law…”

And the Ring was not cast into the fire.

DOMA passed. Nice, traditional Republicans celebrated a battle won. My pointing to the critical ground surrendered was spoiling their victory lap. My “no King but Jesus” position was too radical. They did not hear me. I failed to persuade them.

Like this year, with masks.

Over the decades since the marriage “victory” the metastisizing jurisdiction of the State has usurped powers to define: hate. family. adoption. gender. woman. man. safety.

Consider the list of jurisdictions within this 80 seconds:

Who has authority over: every governor, every mayor, every local leader, every business, every vaccine, every sports event, every holiday gathering, every vacation, every graduation, every wedding?

There is only one unlimited authority. Jesus. King of kings and Lord of lords. Jesus only. All authority in heaven and on earth.

Whether anyone goes to South Dakota or not seems like a safe, academic, thought experiment. Your congregations are about to face Masks 2: Redefining Love.

And you need the brothers commonly labelled herein as schismatics.

“Until next time get married, have babies, baptize them.”

1 Like