Between the Lions: Night and Day (Psalm 1)

New Warhorn Media post by Nathan Alberson:

2 Likes

Great second episode! I learned a lot about what I already loved. Thanks, men.

1 Like

We have been slowly introducing MSAL psalms at my church during Sunday worship, and Night and Day was the first, so it holds a special place for me because of this.

I have to say though, unlike you guys, I always considered it a pretty literal adaptation of Psalm 1, even if slightly more poetic. More literal than say your Psalm 5 song for example. It was interesting to hear that you guys considered it to be a little looser.

3 Likes

Just thought I would shout out My Soul Among Lions. I have used their music for a while in jail ministry, and one inmate fan informed me that MSAL’s albums are now available for them to purchase to listen to in their cells. Men you won’t meet this side of heaven are being blessed still by your labors.

10 Likes

Yes, and thanks, Josiah. This morning here in Taiwan presbyterian church, just before beginning my sermon, I told everyone to write down “MSAL Psalm 6,” and go home and type it into Google and hit return and give it a listen. I mentioned how happy/happy/HAPPY all contemporary worship music is and told them the musicians at our former church are putting the Psalms to music and this version of Psalm 6 is one of my favorites. Because it’s a lament. (We’d just read Psalm 6 as a Scripture lesson during the service.) Just listening to MSAL (My Soul Among Lions) might well start a reformation, today. Love,

3 Likes