Bayly's daily

Progress is a religious myth. Like the enlightenment. Like evolution. Like democracy.

Having no interest in sports myself, what are your views on women’s sports generally?

I’m not Tim :slight_smile: and this doesn’t answer your question directly, but this article last year in Warhorn did a nice job giving wisdom in how to navigate women’s sports for our girls:

3 Likes

Putin blaming Ukraine/US for aiding terrorists? He doesn’t want to talk abt Russia’s Islamic Central European/Tajik problem b/c Russia needs immigrants and Muslims are being fruitful Interview: Putin, The Terror Attack, And The Threat Whose Name He 'Dare Not Speak'

Holy Week is time to repent of cremation. “We have been buried with Him” (Romans 6:4).
Not cremated with Him. #Christianburial

1 Like

Christmas gift from family: Academy of St. Martin-in-the -Fields tonight

Excellent: Abortion is Shameful, Act Like It - American Reformer

Read The Grace of Shame

https://amzn.to/3xe13Ww

1 Like

Yesterday Christian weddings and funerals were principled. Today we rarely get beyond preferences.

It’s weakness to turn to the cross of Jesus. It’s humbling to turn away from men to God. But there’s no other way to be saved than the blood and righteousness of Jesus.
Don’t be ashamed of Him. Lift up His cross. Lift it high. Glory in Him. Love Him. #CrossofChrist

1 Like

On Good Friday, Christians remember Jesus pouring out His life for sinful man. He was the Perfect Lamb of God and deserved no punishment, but from perfect love He took our punishment on Himself. Humble yourself. Repent and believe in Him. What love!

1 Like

Jesus’ passion didn’t include discourse to Pilate outlining how His kingship was coextensive w/universe. Acknowledging He was King of the Jews, He also acknowledged Pilate’s authority over His execution was from God & He submitted to that authority. #honorauthorities

1 Like

Wheaton College’s President Phil Ryken, Trustees, and faculty slander of President Buswell as racist ends here: Wheaton College & President Buswell: Billy Graham & Wheaton Anthropology - Warhorn Media

If readers are interested in what took me a couple months, off and on, and what I think is the slam-dunk against Wheaton’s smear of their former president, do read this one. It’s astounding that President Phil Ryken and his trustees and faculty missed it Wheaton College & President Buswell: Billy Graham & Wheaton Anthropology - Warhorn Media

1 Like

It was a devastating article. Good grief.

1 Like

A very solid case. However, in a post “Bell Curve” world where “race science” is anathema, even the notion will make some liberal Christians cantankerous.

Dear John, Seems to me liberal and conservative and conservative Reformed Christians alike patronize/make excuses for/pay off/avoid/appease Blacks today because (as Dad put it) deep inside we all “consider the Negro as a lower order of human being than the white.” Love,

1 Like

This today, and always: “When Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end” (John 13:1). #GoodFriday

… Seems to me liberal and conservative and conservative Reformed Christians alike patronize/make excuses for/pay off/avoid/appease Blacks today because (as Dad put it) deep inside we all “consider the Negro as a lower order of human being than the white.”

This also means that when the Black Church needs to be taken to task, it will probably have to be from someone who is themselves Black. Otherwise, there’s far too much ‘baggage’ on the Black side of the fence, as the uproar at John MacArthur’s recent comments on MLK Jr demonstrate … and because the Black Church has forgotten that the oppressed are sinners as well.

1 Like

Interesting, thank you.

Audio recording of Warhorn Post, “Wheaton College & President Buswell: Billy Graham & Wheaton Anthropology” Warhorn Blog Posts | Wheaton College & President Buswell: Billy Graham & Wheaton Anthropology