Bayly's daily

A conference is a conference; it’s never Christ’s church and the speaker is not your shepherd

Audio of “Sheep may safely graze (6): a conference isn’t Christ’s Church” Warhorn Blog Posts | Sheep may safely graze (6): a conference isn't Christ's Church

Need 4 chapters of Grace of Shame translated into Chinese for teaching Taiwan & China seminary students. Anyone willing to help? @ 3,500 words p/chapter. Can you do just one chapter in next week or two? Pls let me know. I’ll send book to you as PDF/.docx/mobi. Thanks.

Keep telling DC relatives I’m opposed to statehood. Doesn’t pls them, but I mean? Schools are awful. And 3 in 4 feel safe? We’re supposed to think 3 in 4’s good?? They can’t govern their city and they want promotion to a state? Just no. https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/03/09/dc-residents-feel-safe-post-schar-school-poll/

1 Like

Teaching Feb to May class at Chinese Reformed Presbyterian Seminary in Taipei. There are 8 students in person and 22 online from China, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan… MDiv & other degree students. Most married. Excellent class. My translator is PCA Pastor Mark Kuo who does wonderful job. Mary Lee and I are living in Yilan County in an apartment connected to our hosts, Pastor Joel/Judy Linton, house. We’re so thankful for this gift from God, to have this work to do with brothers and sisters so easy to serve alongside. Thank God with us.

2 Likes

After class yesterday, dinner w/Mulu Lee & Pastor Joel/Judy (Saorsa/Seren) Linton & Pastor Mark Kuo at Din Tai Fung (look it up). As good as food can get

After dinner we walked few blocks to Gikong Presby Ch built as memorial on site of house where political assassins murdered her grandmother & younger twin sisters (6). Judy (8) was stabbed but survived. Godly testimony Lin Yi-hsiung - Wikipedia & 1980 Lin family murders: a first hand account - Taiwan Politics - Forumosa

1 Like

The Gray Lady’s showing her slip. No one “frets” over death of souls bearing image of God. We “fret” over missing sock after doing our laundry. David French “frets” over skunks in animal shelter with no hope of adoption. https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/09/us/san-bernardino-snow-deaths.html

Helpful

Someone lock Kaepernick up in a room w/Harry & Meghan. Like yesterday Colin Kaepernick calls out adoptive parents' racism as he promotes new graphic novel | CNN

When a pastor gets voted down by his elders The kindness of the Lord: a pastor's life (16) - Warhorn Media

Audio of “Are there other gods?” Warhorn Blog Posts | Are there other gods?

Audio of “The kindness of the Lord: a pastor’s life” Warhorn Blog Posts | The kindness of the Lord: a pastor's life (16)

Mary Lee says take it down, so it’s gone.

1 Like

Please tell me this will be published as a complete book. This serial format is killing me - like waiting a week (or longer! though sometimes less…) for the next instalment!

1 Like

Audio recording No. 14 of Evangel Presbytery’s “Abortion and the Church.”

“Advocates of permissive abortion laws commonly argue Scripture never addresses abortion, taking no account of NT passages condemning ‘pharmakeia’ & those who pay for these services” Abortion and the Church | Audio 14: Abortion and the Church; Chapter 2 (Abortion's assault upon God's character and law); Section 5b (The New Testament’s condemnation of "pharmakeia")

A bit of an explanation of my disgust for the man formerly called Prince Harry and Colin Kaepernick:

Nah, I don’t trust Kap. He’s a perpetual whiner just like Harry. I find it repulsive when rich men whine. And when their whining is about racism, oh my! And against their parents? Oh my oh my!

And I have three adoptive grandchildren. (Black African-African BTW.)

All of us have a lot of tales we could tell abt our parents that would be worse than these whining rich men, and all of our children could tell tales about us even worse. It’s the nature of life after the Fall. Grow up Colin and Harry. Your own kids gonna be talking soon. Become men. Stop blaming others for the life you have chosen and are living.

We are defined more by our enemies than our friends, and more by those we don’t listen to than those we do. Don’t listen to these whiners. Don’t believe what they say.

2 Likes

“In the beginning was the word.” Yet for decades Christian scholars have joined forces with Bible publishers to censor the Word. They remove Scripture’s “disinformation.” Deleting the words inspired by the Holy Spirit, they have the chutzpah to hype their Bible products word for word “accuracy.”

The pulpit leads the world so that, now, we live in a country whose big tech, political, media, and deep state masters have joined forces to steal elections. Not through voting machines, but by scrubbing social media of any message that threatens their American Oligarchy.

God’s Words and man’s words alike are commonly censored today, but God’s people already swallowed God being gagged, so why make a stink out of censorship on social media? If God’s freedom of speech isn’t worth defending, why defend our own?

Christians are forevermore taking our eyes off the ball. “In the beginning was the Word.” Truth is, words really really matter. “It is written: ‘I believed; therefore I have spoken.’ Since we have that same spirit of faith, we also believe and therefore speak” (2Corinthians 4:13).

We who believe must repent of our carelessness about God’s Words written. We must rid our churches of bowdlerized Bibles. We must shame the men who sold them to us. Then we must rid our national discourse of CIA/FBI/DHS, media, big tech, Democrat censorship claiming “disinformation” justifies them censoring American citizens’ First Amendment rights.

If you have trouble seeing the danger, read what happened yesterday to stellar journalist Matt Taibbi in a hearing of the House Judiciary Committee as reported by Glenn Greenwald. Stunning: https://greenwald.locals.com/post/3668923/matt-taibbi-squares-off-w-house-dems-over-twitterfiles https://greenwald.locals.com/post/3668923/matt-taibbi-squares-off-w-house-dems-over-twitterfiles

Alongside the censorship, I’m so very concerned pastors I love don’t read. They’re online browsing. Spend their days nibbling snack food. Whatever piques their interest. I keep trying to get them to write, but since they’re not reading, they have nothing to say. So they leave their sheep to browse online snack food, too. #goodshepherd

1 Like

Blah blah blah blah blah, Tim. I mean really…