Bayly's daily

Out of Our Minds 3rd podcast on preaching. Episode defends preaching against those who say everyone must preach this or that way (meaning their way). There are many ways to preach and do it well. Out of Our Minds | How to preach, Part 3

Audio recording No. 13 of Evangel Presbytery’s “Abortion and the Church.” God has promised He will set His face against those who act as if they don’t see or know about the shedding of the blood of innocent babies. Abortion and the Church | Audio 13: Abortion and the Church; Chapter 2 (Abortion's assault upon God's character and law); Section 5a (The testimony of Scripture)

Run out of other options, so crowdsourcing a question: Does anyone know of Chinese translation of Gregory the Great’s “Pastoral Care?”

Bill Hybels, Rusty Moore, Tim Keller, and Rob Bell: passing fads of our consumerist society Sheep may safely graze (5): the consumerist church - Warhorn Media

@tbbayly - comment to above:
“Fashion is a form of ugliness so vulgar we have to change it every six months” - Oscar Wilde, attrib. Or to use an Australian phrase, “Today’s rooster, tomorrow’s feather duster”.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Cops quit woke Austin, TX, in droves

For decades, this has been my most-loved Sabbath musical welcome. Give a listen 01 PSALM 122 - I WAS GLAD - YouTube

1 Like

Mary Lee/I spent day w/leaders & children of KB Church here in Yilan County, Taiwan. Had long discussions w/visiting Taiwanese evangelist/wife serving in China sent out by Taipei Pentecostal church. Subject was sacraments/church discipline. Pray for them & church in China.

Audio of “Indiana House defunds IU’s Kinsey Institute and Indy Star lies”

This past Wednesday (February 22, 2023), the Indiana House voted to remove taxpayer funding from Indiana University’s Kinsey Institute. The headline was “Indiana House Strips State Dollars from IU’s Sex-Studying Kinsey Institute.”

Audio of “Testimony by Mr. Li at KB Riverside Church (Taiwan)”

CT’s Rusty Moore w/ help of Julie Roys abt to co-author investigative piece on Border Patrol. Say BP has “long history” of sending women back to violent males. Documents prove Pres. Biden knew it & did nothing. Female border patrol agent violently assaulted by illegal immigrant

Women should never be placed in positions of vulnerability to male violence. That progressives demand female cops/prison guards/Marines proves their insane commitment to ideology. That Christian daughters sign up for it proves our betrayal of fatherhood. Female border patrol agent violently assaulted by illegal immigrant

Audio of “Christianity Today and Pastor John MacArthur” Warhorn Blog Posts | Christianity Today and Pastor John MacArthur

You know you live in a small town when…

Audio of “The kindness of the Lord: a pastor’s life (15)” Warhorn Blog Posts | The kindness of the Lord: a pastor's life (15)

A conference is a conference; it’s never Christ’s church and the speaker is not your shepherd

Audio of “Sheep may safely graze (6): a conference isn’t Christ’s Church” Warhorn Blog Posts | Sheep may safely graze (6): a conference isn't Christ's Church

Need 4 chapters of Grace of Shame translated into Chinese for teaching Taiwan & China seminary students. Anyone willing to help? @ 3,500 words p/chapter. Can you do just one chapter in next week or two? Pls let me know. I’ll send book to you as PDF/.docx/mobi. Thanks.

Keep telling DC relatives I’m opposed to statehood. Doesn’t pls them, but I mean? Schools are awful. And 3 in 4 feel safe? We’re supposed to think 3 in 4’s good?? They can’t govern their city and they want promotion to a state? Just no. https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/03/09/dc-residents-feel-safe-post-schar-school-poll/

1 Like

Teaching Feb to May class at Chinese Reformed Presbyterian Seminary in Taipei. There are 8 students in person and 22 online from China, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan… MDiv & other degree students. Most married. Excellent class. My translator is PCA Pastor Mark Kuo who does wonderful job. Mary Lee and I are living in Yilan County in an apartment connected to our hosts, Pastor Joel/Judy Linton, house. We’re so thankful for this gift from God, to have this work to do with brothers and sisters so easy to serve alongside. Thank God with us.

2 Likes