Bayly's daily

Christian fathers, show this to your children. Explain each degradation. Make clear it is the wickedness of the two men and everyone who helped them do it. Explain it is not the wickedness of the children. Explain the wrath of God against sodomitic marriage as well as renting some woman’s body to make and carry a baby for you. #Christianfather

If you don’t explain details of world’s wickedness to your children and declare the nature of Canaanites’ shame, you are not raising your sons/daughters in nurture/admonition of Lord. It is not moralism or politics or censoriousness to do so. It is godly. Be calm #Christianfather

1 Like

Teach your children the meaning of degraded/glorious, abomination/virtue, shame/honor, shameless/contrite, immodest/virtuous, debauched/innocent, rebellious/submissive, vile/holy. #Christianfather

First great-grandchild just born to Mrs. Cynthia Ummel: Timothy Enoch Ummel. Cynthia is married to our eldest grandchild, Jonathan. Child is healthy. Parents are joyful. They said “Enoch” is in honor of Cynthia’s dad, Adam Spaetti: “Enoch walked with God and was no more.”

7 Likes

Heard of elder who resigned b/c he didn’t trust his pastor’s doctrinal trajectory. Still he stayed in the church.

Seriously? Too bad the Apostle Paul hadn’t heard of this strategy. Wouldn’t it be special to have a calling to keep the peace w/out keeping God’s truth? Sign me up. #goodshepherd

Read a bunch of reviews of a book of rank feminist heresy deconstructing God the Father yesterday. All the reviews discussed the heresy in carefully modulated terms and were disgustingly obsequious toward the female author.

Avoid these hirelings. Such men are everywhere in the Reformed church today. Their refusal to warn, but always and everywhere to merely join the conversation, is just as destructive to souls as the heretics they’re reviewing. The man who cares more about how his peers view him and whether he’ll be seen as part of the conversation bears no resemblance to any prophet or reformer of the past. He doesn’t warn. He discusses. He is a dog who refuses to bark, promising to guard but turning tail when the wolf comes for the sheep.

Which is worse, histrionic discernment or dispassionate disquisition?

Both are equally insidious because both lull us to sleep, innoculating us against the pastoral warnings that should characterize the care of true shepherds guarding their sheep. Remember the Apostle Paul characterized his ministry: “Therefore be alert, remembering that for three years I did not cease night or day to admonish every one with tears” (Acts 20:31).

Read and trust men like this to pastor you. Men who don’t cry and don’t even start admonishing their flock (or limit their warnings to politics and culture) are hirelings. Run.

2 Likes

Was curious so tried to figure out what book you are referencing but instead stumbled upon the book “Beyond God the Father” by Mary Daly published in 1973, which apparently was a pivotal writing in the feminist movement. The summary follows:

Beyond God the Father is a book by Mary Daly that discusses the impact of Christianity on patriarchy. The book was written in 1973 and is considered a classic in feminist theological literature. Daly argues that Christianity has played a significant role in advancing Patriarchy, and that Christianity and Patriarchy are inseparable. The book was considered radical by many critics, as it called for a rejection of all Judeo-Christian religious traditions, deeming them immoral and unethical.

What strikes me in the above is apparently Mrs. Daly was better able to recognize the creation hierarchy presented in the Bible better than today’s complementarians!

5 Likes

Dealing with a comparable situation. A female US lecturer imported to NZ’s Carey Baptist College, the only NZ college that trains baptist pastors, teaches:

• “gender” is not essential to being human
  • Christians who with gender disphoria should consider how body modification “can be done in submission to the Spirit and in order to become more like Christ”.

Questioned an old classmate who also lectures there. I was told he hasn’t read that, but this woman is “a brilliant scholar who is a deeply committed evangelical Christian, and unafraid to walk towards difficult topics and engage them theologically.”

No response regarding Carey’s view.

I’m contacting baptists in NZ (I’m in Australia). Out of the two I’ve talked to so far (I’ve been waiting for my lecrurer contact to reply) the one who was horrified is not part of that church anymore. I’m contacting more and will see what the response is. I have a feeling that they are already inured to the muck.

2 Likes

When studying in 70s at UW(Madison) & Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, became clear shepherds would not be able to preach Scripture w/out being damned as sexist, homophobic, racist, etc. We’d all have to choose whether to fear God or man. Make your choice. #goodshepherd

So godless, but even more godless are those who place sheep under this very bright false prophetess. They do not fear God or love His sheep. Love,

2 Likes

Yes. My take on the NZ Baptist Union is much of it is “BINO” - Baptist In Name Only. There is now a huge spread of faith expressions within the Baptist Union, from charismatic to conservative, to “inclusive”, to much eye-rolling at whatever nonsense is coming out of Carey (or Laidlaw, for that matter) at any given time. The wife of one on my friends was the OT lecturer at Carey for a while, but she was never baptistic anyway and her husband certainly wasn’t, or isn’t.

1 Like

The real problem is not BINO or PINO (PCA, RP, OPC, etc.), but CINO. We should never roll our eyes at church heresies, but bark and growl (to awaken our sheep) and file charges (to kill the thieves and wolves). This manly and faithful guarding of the good deposit is what Machen and Buswell did, and were hated for it. But they were heroes of reform and prophecy. You know, as in “Liberalism is another religion” just as “Feminism is another religion” and “Revoice is another religion” and “Wheaton is another religion.”

We have none of these men today. Where is the man whose preaching and witness has tones and words commensurate with the danger to the sheep of his flock? At 70, must I admit failure in showing us a way to do this?

Over the decades and among friends, I have very rarely known or heard of a man I know being persecuted for his work of reform of the Church, not the world. That’s where we pay the price Machen and Buswell paid. Love,

4 Likes

Next in the series Wheaton College & President Buswell: repentance as dramaturgy - Warhorn Media

To be honest, my thought has been only to warn the Baptists I know in NZ (thankfully, one pastor I know has responded with horror), not living in NZ or going to a baptist church myself.

What do you think the responsibility of past church members is when hearing of such evil?

1 Like

Audio recording of “Wheaton College and President Buswell: Repentance as Dramaturgy” Warhorn Blog Posts | Wheaton College & President Buswell: repentance as dramaturgy

Seven years ago, my dear brother Dave Curell came back from a pilgrimage down to Kentucky to see the eclipse. He couldn’t stop saying the word “totality,” and he spoke it with such reverence that the word took on a certain creepiness to me. Flourishing. Robust. Sustainability. Totality.

Arriving at today feeling a little suspicious, I went and joined the saints of Trinity Reformed Church and saw God’s handiwork for myself. It was just what Dave reported seven years ago. Hard to imagine if you haven’t seen it.

When totality hit, the one-word comment uttered by our granddaughter Mary Louise Weeks was, “Uh oh.”

The heavens declare the glory of God!

5 Likes

Commingling of Glories
From afterglow of the land of totality, reading this morning: “There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon” (1Corinthians 15:41). (Pic JTB)

2 Likes

Speaking of glory, imagine the Moon saying to the Sun, “I have glory too, you know! My glory is just as glorious as yours! From now on you take the night & I take the day!”

The Sun responds: “You’re right. I’m so ashamed. I’ve been such a glory hog. From now on, I take the night and you take the day.”

This is what woman has said to man and man’s response to her rebellion this past century, and the result has been as ludicrous as all rebellion against our Creator.

The sun has been trying to avoid oppressing the night and stars and sleep while the moon has been trying to grow trees and warm the earth and wake us.

“Man is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man.” -1Cor 11:7

2 Likes

Scientism’s oppressive claim to worldwide authority. These Canaanites are a suicidal cult. Never forget this day and note it is led by Woman. Or maybe I should point out Swiss Woman. Also note this judgment comes from Bucer/Calvin’s Strasbourg Human rights violated by Switzerland inaction on climate, ECHR rules in landmark case | Climate crisis | The Guardian

1 Like

So surprised and grateful to the Vatican for this https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/08/world/europe/vatican-sex-change-surrogacy-dignity.html

2 Likes