As fogs obscure the light,
And taint the morning air;
But soon are put to flight,
If the bright sun appear;

Thus Jesus will our troubles chase,
By shining from the throne of grace.

-John Newton on Hannah’s prayer

3 Likes

Today’s Sanctity of Life Sunday when U.S. Christians confess our sin of abortion.

Here’s the first chapter in Evangel Presbytery’s “Abortion and the Church.” Just read these 31 pages and you’ll understand: https://abortion.evangelpresbytery.com/Ebook-Downloads/Abortion%20and%20the%20Church_Evangel%20Presbytery.pdf

3 Likes

Audio recording of “Abortion and the Church.” First in the series. This is a recording of the book’s preface. Abortion and the Church | Abortion and the Church (Preface)

Self-murder is a crime against humanity. “No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main.”

Self-murder is defiance of the Living God. Christian, say it. Condemn it. With understanding and compassion.

Cut this one b/c brother pointed out they were using “seize” in technical legal sense, and not melodramatically.

Audio of “All Scripture is God-breathed” (the third in this series on modern Bible products)

"it’s entirely natural for us moderns to be understanding and sympathetic to Bible scholars and publishers who are gagging God at these places. Who wants the Bible to give moderns an excuse to judge God or His Word as anti-Semitic, homophobic, demeaning of older women, pro-slavery, and sexist? "

Audio of “The kindness of the Lord: a pastor’s life (11)”

Fact is I woke up burdened with guilt. There was no question I had gone into the PC(USA) against my knowledge of God’s Law. It was overwhelming and it grew day by day, month by month

Gen 9:7: “As for you, be fruitful and multiply; [fn]populate the earth abundantly and multiply in it.” [Lit “swarm in the earth abundantly”] “Swarm” doubles down on “multiply” and “abundant.” “Populate” is meh. “Swarm” is yikes. Many of us know this personally. #Biblestraightup

Audio recording of Evangel Presbytery’s “Abortion and the Church.” This is the second in a series. Here we record the book’s “Summary Introduction.” Second in the series. Abortion and the Church | Abortion and the Church (Summary Introduction)

Thank you for all you have done to protect the sheep.

Ouch. Like “cheese food.”

3 Likes

MSNBC: “Monterey Park shooting reminds us of America’s most tragic policy failure”

No. Not even in same ballpark. America’s “most tragic policy failure” is genocidal holocaust of ¼ to ½ our children given us by God each year. #abortiongenocide

Audio of “The Kindness of the Lord: a pastor’s life (12)”

“Tim, I love you and I just wanted to tell you that I forgive you.”

“Thank you, Ruth, but for what are you forgiving me?” I responded. Warhorn Blog Posts | The kindness of the Lord: a pastor's life (12)

First in a new series on the pastor’s work feeding the sheep Sheep may safely graze - Warhorn Media

Audio of “All Scripture is God-breathed (4)” (fourth in a series on modern Bible products)

“One objection I want to respond to in connection with this series is the scandal readers may experience when reading that our modern Bible products “gag God” and “delete God’s Words.” Why put it so harshly? Isn’t this merely a scholarly debate and wouldn’t it be better to keep it private? Doesn’t publicizing it harm the sheep’s trust in the Bible they read? How is that helpful?” Warhorn Blog Posts | All Scripture is God-breathed (4)

Audio of “Sheep may safely graze,” a new series on the pastor’s work feeding the sheep Warhorn Blog Posts | Sheep may safely graze (1)

Audio of "Abortion & the Church (Chapter 1, The bloodshed of the 20th century: Section 1, a grim progression). Third in the series.

“When the record of our time is written, it will be a record of bloodshed on a scale previously unimaginable across the history of mankind. The heart of that bloodshed is the war carried out by the born against the unborn. The victims of this war are a class of persons constrained within the wombs of their mothers, and they live without sight, sound, or voice. The disability that unites them is their incapacity to lift a finger in their own defense.” Abortion and the Church | Abortion and the Church (Chapter 1, The bloodshed of the twentieth century: Section 1, a grim progression)

Change to NASB95. It gives reader literal Greek/Hebrew thru footnotes. For instance, at “mercy seat” footnote reads “Lit. propitiatory.” Aha! Not just “mercy” but “blood covering.” Reading NASB’s footnotes simple way of returning meaning of original words of God. #Biblestraightup

Drill today is legacy Christian publishers marketing their books/authors. They control what gets bought & read. Not Warhorn books, though, so we need your help. Pls read & recommend “Abortion and the Church.” It says what no legacy publishers ever say. https://abortion.evangelpresbytery.com/

“Sheep may safely graze (2)” the dangers of online grazing Sheep may safely graze (2) - Warhorn Media