Ask Sanityville: What are some good movies for girls?

Yes, it was. I’ve never seen it; that line was in the synopsis on the website. I was hoping that someone who’d seen it would have some more details about what exactly that meant. So I’m glad you commented. :slight_smile:

I’d recommend it for grownups to watch.

1 Like

The Swiss family Robinson had a good mother. My wife grew up watching little house on the prairie and seemed to like that.

Late to the original thread, but I would recommend The Welldigger’s Daughter - for teenage girls and up to watch with parents. In French, but it’s worth it. An unusual contemporary movie that does a good job displaying the dignity of fathers and the usefulness of traditional, Christian mores.

1 Like

We recently watched Babette’s Feast on a friend’s recommendation (another French film). The main character fits the request nicely: submissive and obedient helper.

2 Likes

Based on your replies we watched both of these French movies and enjoyed them both greatly.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen Babett’s Feast a couple of times and it’s great. I’ll have to add Ken’s recommendation to my list.

1 Like

Wikipedia suggests The Welldigger’s Daughter has a sex scene in a field? Just gauging the cutoff for the potential home audience…

It’s not explicit, only hinted at. That’s why I’d only recommend the movie for 15+

1 Like

“Hinted at” is the right term. That said, the instance of fornication and the resulting baby is one of the main plot devices which is why I rate it for teenagers and up.

3 Likes

Mars Needs Moms provided great fodder for manliness and it’s perversion, femininity, what is wrong with feminazis, and why motherhood is a powerful vocation.

Animated Sci-Fi, with ridiculous premise.

2 Likes

A good analysis The Symbolism of Babette's Feast - YouTube

Warning: spoilers

1 Like